Windows XP Home edition problem!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently i installed Windows XP home edition genuine(original) operating system on my PC,& i also activated and registered it through the internet.But Now i am having some problems with my system,Whenewer i try to download (save a webpage) or try to attach a document to an email,my system hangs totally,even the task manager refuses to open,What might be the problem with the System???
I have installed microsoft antispyware on the system,but still no result.
(The same problem is faced by some of my friends who did the same thing)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I have installed microsoft antispyware on the system,but still no result.

now days only antispyware isnt enough... u have to have a good Antivirus... which one do u use?? what ever it is, make sure it is up2date.... & u should also look for getting that SP2 install...

which type of internet connection do u use for connecting to the internet?? whats ur ISP?? what is ur system Hardware config...

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Get SP2 (well if you still don't have it) and also get all the patches via autopatcher...............

Then scan with an AV................

Might solve your problem........ the problem isn't clear......

Try another browser and try to save pages......... Maybe IE problem.............. Get the patches..........

sakumar79

Technomancer
Taskmanager not opening is indicative of a high possibility of a virus/spyware attack. Try to go into Safe mode and open task manager. If you can (and could not do it in normal mode), you can be 99% sure you have this problem.

To reduce virus/spyware problems, you need to have a multifaceted defense:
1. Anti-spyware software (2 preferable, try Lavasoft Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy).
2. Anti-virus software (if you dont want to buy one, try AVG or Avast. They are free for personal use)
3. Firewall especially if you have Broadband connection (Zonealarm or Kerio are my recommendations)
4. Regularly update your definitions for the Antispy and the AV software.

If your defences are already breached, you need to go to Safe Mode. Install AV software with latest definitions updated and scan the computer. Then, install antispy software with latest definitions and scan the computer.

Hopefully, this will purge the problem. If it doesnt and you decide to reinstall the OS, do note that merely reinstalling the OS will not remove the virus. It will be lurking and some inadvertant action on your part can bring it back. You will need to format your HD and then reinstall OS. To avoid having to reactivate the OS, you will have to back up your activation information.

Hope this helps
Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom