Windows Vista Ultimate for $3.50

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Ha Ha
Software Pirates never seem to give Microsoft a good night's sleep

Microsoft's Windows Vista operating system will not launch until January 30, but software pirates around the world are already churning out illegal copies of the recently released RTM Vista. Often these copies are sold for pennies on the dollar when compared to the original price: We were able to purchase a copy of Vista Ultimate, which will retail for $400, for a mere $3.50 (US)

Source : *www.tgdaily.com/2006/12/04/vista_thailand_threebucks/

sam_1710

Youngling
You can also pick up a RTM copy during your vacation in Thailand for a price that is just slightly higher than what you would pay for a blank rewriteable DL DVD.

lol.... :)

anindya_56

Right off the assembly line
I have downloaded the Windows Vista RC2 “vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x64fre_client-lr1cxfre_en_dvd.iso.zip” from the Microsoft website and unzipped it to get the “vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x64fre_client-lr1cxfre_en_dvd.iso.dlm” (Size: 3.59 GB) file which I can’t open because I don’t know how to open a .dlm file.
I have tried the Microsoft File Transfer Manager (FTM) to open the .dlm file but got a Visual C++ runtime error.
When I tried to open the file using Ultra ISO I could only see a README.TXT file with the line “This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.”
Next, I had removed the .dlm extension from the unzipped file to make it a .iso file which I burnt onto a DVD using Nero Express but after burning I can’t see anything on the DVD although I got a successful burnt message.
Plz Help me………….
anindya_56@yahoo.com

paul_007

Padawan
techtronic said:
Ha Ha
Software Pirates never seem to give Microsoft a good night's sleep

Microsoft's Windows Vista operating system will not launch until January 30, but software pirates around the world are already churning out illegal copies of the recently released RTM Vista. Often these copies are sold for pennies on the dollar when compared to the original price: We were able to purchase a copy of Vista Ultimate, which will retail for $400, for a mere $3.50 (US)

Source : *www.tgdaily.com/2006/12/04/vista_thailand_threebucks/

ha ha... feeling sorry fro microsoft

yashved

Broken In
Even though Microsoft is bringing the activation and other measures for its software/products, the pirates are always on top, finding loop holes in every system....

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
anindya_56 said:
I have downloaded the Windows Vista RC2 “vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x64fre_client-lr1cxfre_en_dvd.iso.zip” from the Microsoft website and unzipped it to get the “vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x64fre_client-lr1cxfre_en_dvd.iso.dlm” (Size: 3.59 GB) file which I can’t open because I don’t know how to open a .dlm file.
I have tried the Microsoft File Transfer Manager (FTM) to open the .dlm file but got a Visual C++ runtime error.
When I tried to open the file using Ultra ISO I could only see a README.TXT file with the line “This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.”
Next, I had removed the .dlm extension from the unzipped file to make it a .iso file which I burnt onto a DVD using Nero Express but after burning I can’t see anything on the DVD although I got a successful burnt message.
Plz Help me………….
anindya_56@yahoo.com
There must have been some problem with the extraction. The archive contains an ISO image and extracting it should give you just that image (without the DLM extension). Try renaming the file and deleting the '.dlm'. If it still does not work, extract the archive again using WinRAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom