Windows Vista media player 11 problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
Hello every body.. is there any geek here who have good knowledge of Windows Vista..

I am having a very critical problem in playing the video files in Windows Vista ultimate edition( with sp1 installed).
here take a look how the screen appears when i play a WMV file in Media Player while it works perfectly in VLC player or some other players. Please help me!! I am really got struck with this issue..Already posted this problem in Digit Forum but all vain

*www.urpics4ever.com/imhost/uploads/c0b7b35cba.jpg

Thanks.
Harsh

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Well not sure but you can try running thee commands as admin:

regsvr32 wmadmod.dll
regsvr32 wmvdecod.dll

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
You might wanna try re-installing:

*www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx

OP
hdsk.23

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
re-installation method also done lots of time which has no effect...

k-lite also tried.. not working.. media player also not able to play .dat files!!!

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
It is not the problem of codecs, because wmv is a Windows thingy and Vista/WMP11 play wmv files without a problem, I have searched the net and come across threads where it has been people's sound card causing the problem.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ And I have faced this myself in my old comp where the graphics drivers were the problem. So try reinstalling the sound/graphics drivers. And directx too, using the march 08 redist.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
So it is definitely not codecs but either sound or display issue (hardware or software) :)

OP
hdsk.23

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
i dont think so that it there is a video drivers problem as video files run very smoothly in VLC and the video drivers i allowed the vista to download the capable video drivers itself, i didnt download particularly and installed manually..

My pc configuration is AMD 3000+, 2.5Gb RAM, ASUS motherboard A8N-VM (nvidia chipset), 80Gb SATA II HDD.
Please please any one who is having same problem with this board!!

or recommend me which video drivers should i install !

i downloaded the "dxwebsetup" from Microsoft.com and run it. It downloaded near about 20MB of data files from net and installed them. But my problem still persists :)

Last edited:

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
i dont think so that it there is a video drivers problem as video files run very smoothly in VLC and the video drivers i allowed the vista to download the capable video drivers itself, i didnt download particularly and installed manually..

Definetly it is not a audio/video driver problem.

Try this solution:
1. Go to Control Panel and open up Autoplay
2. Go to bottom and click on "Reset all Defaults" and save it

then write is it worked?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Your codec might be corrupted. VLC can play it because it has codecs prebuilt inside it, and doesnt use external codecs. But MS says codecs are reinstalled when you reinstall WMP...

Try *www.mediacodec.org/

If it still doesnt work, uninstall WMP and then reinstall it. *techie-buzz.com/technology-buzz/how-to-uninstall-windows-media-player-11.html

OP
hdsk.23

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
dear dheeraj_kumar can u tell me how i can uninstall the Pre-installed media player 11 in Windows Vista ultimate edition not in windows XP.....

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
You cannot uninstall it. You can only try re-installing a fresh copy over it. Use the link I gave previously.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=852117&postcount=4

OP
hdsk.23

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
it is showing this message...

*www.urpics4ever.com/imhost/uploads/113fdf5753.jpg

now where i can get this version!!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Looks like the problem is with the video file. Most prolly the video is uncompressed & the audio is compressed therefore the problem. The file will work fine in XP on WMP11 but not on Vista. A bug in Media PLayer.

1 final solution considering that all the drivers are fine is that you can choose to open the file in Media Center instead of Media Player. Also try the Media Player Classic. Other than that from what I have read on MSDN forums the file won't work without an issue on WMP11 Vista

OP
hdsk.23

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
iMav Media center player also use the media player to run the audio/video files. u can see it play any audio file in media center then go to desktop and run media player ..u will see that file is playing in media center!!

anyway thanks to all of you for ur support!!

I think i should also install Windows xp also with vista... only vista is not sufficient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom