WIndows Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

subho

Right off the assembly line
Greetings.I am using original Windows Xp sp 2 . My AUTOMATIC UPDATE settings has been set to " Notify me but Don't automatically download or install them " ,When I got the first update as " Windows validation tool " I cancel the update then and checked the box " don't notify me about this update again " ( somewhat this of type message ) . The problem windows is not getting updated since then . The message is appearing "Updates are ready " , updates getting downloaded , during shutdown message is being shown " Installing update 1 of 86.... " , but then the computer shuts down without installing updates . I tried the manual way and installed the Validation Tool but the problem remains the same .Please help soon , if possible by return mail.

Last edited by a moderator:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com

let it scan your computer for the updates, install all of them.

If you want, choose Automatic Updates to run and download automatically.

PS: If your windows is genuine, why do you cancel the validation tool? eh? :D

OP
S

subho

Right off the assembly line
I have already done that , but at windowsupdate after downloading the first update it shows error that " The following update cannot be installed - WIndows Validation Tool " and its ends there .
I have even installed the Validation tool after downloading it manually but the problem remains the same .
Subho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom