WINDOWS UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabhatmohit

Journeyman
I want 2 download windows updates on CD so that I can give them 2 my friends. There is a URL of micrsoft's site which allows us 2 do so..Plz. tell me???

go4inet

In the zone
URL : *windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

I guess thts wht ur searching for mate !

* Please do post such threads @ Q&A Sections
* As always try Google ( www.google.com )

Google Links for Ur Search :
---------------------------------
*www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=windows+updates&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Also most of the downloads available for Windows are see @ *www.microsoft.com/downloads/

Regards,
Vinay

ashok

Broken In
prabhatmohit said:
OK. Tell me the URLs or Names of updates of XP PRO SP2
If I may suggest so....XP SP2 is available on CD's.Microsoft'll ship you the CD absolutely free of cost....Me got one too.....

go4inet

In the zone
ashok said:
prabhatmohit said:
OK. Tell me the URLs or Names of updates of XP PRO SP2
If I may suggest so....XP SP2 is available on CD's.Microsoft'll ship you the CD absolutely free of cost....Me got one too.....

Download For Windows XP SP2 : Final ( From Microsoft.com )

*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...be-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en

(Windows XP Service Pack 2 for IT Professionals and Developers)

But the Final release of SP2 is seen @ Digit DVD and CD ? You never got from tht dude ?

@ Ashok, is it true u got from m$ ? And wht formalities u provided to get one and howlong it took to reach you ?

technoteen

Journeyman
go4inet said:
@ Ashok, is it true u got from m$ ? And wht formalities u provided to get one and howlong it took to reach you ?

ya it is true, i got it form microsoft in 45 days

you order it from
*www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

go4inet

In the zone
technoteen said:
go4inet said:

you order it from
*www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

thx for the link mate, I just booked one, shows me 4 - 6 weeks, though i got a cd myself, still wanna get from M$ :)

Thx again TechnoTeen !

ashok

Broken In
technoteen said:
go4inet said:
Hmm....It reached me sooner than that...I think i got it in about 20 odd days.....BTW some months back I had ordered SP1 & some other Updates the same way (i.e at MS website) and I had got a Computer Associates' Antivirus & Firewall CD also Free.This Time there is just one Sp2 cd only though......

go4inet

In the zone
hmm... whts the use for microsoft ? when they give these updates for free ??? its ridiculous, and most having prirated versions can aslo benifit from this, I better suggest one thing to m$, to givee free cd's to only licensed versions of xp !

wht do u think ?

ashok

Broken In
go4inet said:
hmm... whts the use for microsoft ? when they give these updates for free ??? its ridiculous, and most having prirated versions can aslo benifit from this, I better suggest one thing to m$, to givee free cd's to only licensed versions of xp !

wht do u think ?
Hmm..thatz a good suggestion but in hindsight thatz very improbable and is difficult to implement.Just Imagine the rigmarole that users would have to go through.

How can Microsoft know that a person has a licensed version?
Ans:By the Registration/product key,which all the pirated editions invariably have.

Digital Encryption/Online verification is another step but implementation is difficult....Well,if you have an internet connection by which you can authenticiate whether the Windows is licensed or not,there's no need for updates to be sent on a CD!!! I think MS started this CD concept to benefit the large No. of windows Users who DO NOT have access to the internet and thereby to Online Updates.This Figure is substantially high in Asia-Pacific as compared to America.

Whatz the Gain for MS one may ask...well, the first Updates CD contained an Anti Virus/Firewall Software of CA-a third Party software bundled with a MS product-how often do u see it? I think MS made lotsa money outta it.
But this time the CD contains only SP2....it may be cosidered philanthropic but that suggestion is inane to say the least.....

OP
P

prabhatmohit

Journeyman
same

U r not answering my question. I don't want SP2 CD.I have it. I want 2 download updates from a website of sp2. Each update individually

PS:-Dont recommend windowsupdate.com

pradipudhaya

Broken In
Re: same

prabhatmohit said:
U r not answering my question. I don't want SP2 CD.I have it. I want 2 download updates from a website of sp2. Each update individually

PS:-Dont recommend windowsupdate.com
Dude, sp2 is a single file. If you want the files it contain, it is impossible cos it just updates the previous files. Understood??? There are no seperate updates to download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom