Windows Update Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
Hi guys!

I installed a windows update to my XP Pro (original) laptop about 2-3 days ago. As soon as my system restarted, I got an error that says:

"The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL."

The name of the error is: RTHDCPL.EXE - Illegal system DLL reloaction.

I searched google for solutions. But, all I found out was this is caused by the update in is related to Realtek Audio.

Since this incident, my iTunes has also stopped working. I re installed iTunes and it still did not work. I am unable to update my iPod!

Can someone please tell me what to do about this annoying error?

Thanks!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Refer here at this bellow MS KB,

Certain third-party applications may not start, and you receive an error message when you start the computer: "Illegal System DLL Relocation"

:)

OP
nagarjun_424

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
well... i did that... but it doesnt work... i read in other forums that this was false... would reinstalling the realtek audio drivers help? if so, which ones should i download and from where?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i read in other forums that this was false...

please provide that link of the forum you are mentioning... its a Knowledge Base article written by Microsoft Regarding this issue, yes it can be true that it didnt work in ur place... but the article cant be fake :)

would reinstalling the realtek audio drivers help?

No harm in reinstalling the driver !! :)

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
You applied this patch?*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...88-3131-429C-8FCB-F7B3B0FD3D86&displaylang=en

Sorry for bumping...I am doing so that you get notified...editing does not renotify. Also try Uninstalling this XP patch from your system(if installed): KB925902 and disable automatic updates and change option to notify before download. So that you can deselect this update from being installed.

KB925902 patch is buggier in itself and caused similar problems on many PC's.

Last edited:
OP
nagarjun_424

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
Im not really sure if its that one... But its really annoying! I still cant get my iTunes to work! Someone PLEASE HELP!

OP
nagarjun_424

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
Nope! Still doesnt work! Gives an error as soon as I double click on the icon! I have no clue as to why this is happening... I even sent the error report to microsoft 1000000000 times.... just doesnt work.... can someone please help me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom