Windows Update Real Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinmay

Journeyman
Guyz...i hv a cable net connection n i get a pretty gud speed of 20 - 24 KBps in DAP and other P2P softwares(i do not download illegally...jus freewares)...but when i run the windows update from my start menu>programs the download speed is really slow and maximum time i see the connected icon in my system tray not blinking as usual...sometimes the download even stops...its a real bad problem for me bcuz i leave the comp to download over-night but it stops in an hour or so...whadda ya think is da problem...(microsoft's site is not blocked by my cable wallah bcuz he is a local guy and doesnt even know how to do so)

bharathbala2003

why need title?
well its not only for you.. i suppose its that way for all.. cos i also face the same prob.. mayb MS kept a download speed limit.. :?

allindrome

Journeyman
I have a dialup connection and find no problem with Windows Update site.In fact it is one of the fastest downloading sites I have seen.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I have a dialup connection and find no problem with Windows Update site.In fact it is one of the fastest downloading sites I have seen.

yup.... but yes it depends on how much update ur downloading & what OS ur using....

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
hmmm today a WU component in XP expires which was included to stop XP from automatically downloading XPSP2 as a WU Security/Crtical Updates.... same here I tried to download April Security Updates today on a system in lab in noon, WU took more than 30 mins to "preparing to download 1 of 6 updates... " It was very slow... may be geeks there in Redmond must be working on this expired thing!!

More Info abt expired stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom