Windows Update Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i'm having some problems with the Microsoft Update.

i've been updating the OS (MS Update service) for the past 5 months. But recently i did not use my PC for 25 days.

Now when i try to update the OS Manually thru Start->All Progs.->Windows update it shows me the following error.

-> see pic "ms.jpg" & "ms1.jpg".

and when i try to update Microsoft Defender (Beta2) manually, it shows the following error;;;

"windows defender was unable to update : error - 0x80244001"

What could be the problem????

Will uninstalling "Windows Installer 3.1 " from "Add/Remove Programs" & then manually updating the OS from Start Menu Solve the Problem.

P.S. I've run Virus Scan & malware scan both in NORMAL MODE & SAFE MODE, but did not find any thing. -------But Previously ( 1 month ago) AVG Free detected 2 Trojan at a time, when using IE, for two days.(totally 3 times, i removed it)

My PC Config.,

HP Pavilion, 256MB RAM, XP Home Edition SP2, AVG Free, ZoneAlarm Firewall, Windows Defender, A-Squared Anti malware.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i'm sorry,, i forgot to tell you that , the instance IE was opened (Internet Connection was ON), TROJAN was detected.

so it means that trojan did not completely got into my PC (i think).

when it was downloading (unsuspected) it got caught by AVG Free.

champ_rock

champ_rock
dont know... viruses are unpredictable... it may have left some By-products... :(

try to do a housecall scan online/// (its the best i have come across)

if it also doesnt workl then either donwlaod the updates manually or format ur pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom