Windows Unable to Start after BIOS Flash

RBX

In the zone
Downloaded a utility from Intel website that flashed the BIOS to latest revision.
At the windows boot animation, the PC restarted and I was later prompted with Startup Recovery option. I denied the restoration and chose repair.
Files were repaired but the startup still fails at boot animation and Startup Repair doesn't help anymore.
Also, its log tells the windows build to be 7600 but I updated it to 7601 two days ago.

OP
RBX

RBX

In the zone
Unable to boot in safe mode. Able to get into BIOS settings - reset them to default but the problem persisted.

OP
RBX

RBX

In the zone
No BSOD, plainly reboots and then prompts for Startup Repair or Normal Startup.

Tried the System Restore as well, it would go through various steps and say something like Finalizing Restore but always result in error 0x8000ffff.

The installation was pretty new so I used a Live Linux Disc to access disk and move some files and reinstalled the OS. It was a pain to go through all the windows updates.

The problem doesn't remain for now but I'm curious if BIOS Flash was the reason behind this.

Anish

Spectre
The problem doesn't remain for now but I'm curious if BIOS Flash was the reason behind this.
Probably yes.
IMO, dont update BIOS unnecessarily. Update only if needed (If poor performance experienced and new features are added to the new version or BIOS is broken)

Futsuu

Right off the assembly line
Nah, I don't think so. Remember, flashing resets BIOS settings, so it probably changed something that made your Windows installation hate it, like switching SATA mode to AHCI from IDE or something.

You just had to find whatever setting it was to fix the problem.

Last edited:

Anish

Spectre
like switching SATA mode to AHCI from IDE or something.

And thats the exact reason I asked to check for the BSOD. A BSOD usually appears when SATA mode is changed to AHCI. Anyways, he got his buddy running....

xD

OP
RBX

RBX

In the zone
IMO, dont update BIOS unnecessarily. Update only if needed (If poor performance experienced and new features are added to the new version or BIOS is broken)

It unlocked some options that fall under overclocking. I haven't touched them yet.

Top Bottom