Windows Server 2003 Doubt

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Friends, in my office, we have Windows 2003 Server connected to around 20-30 terminals. Now I am wondering, when i checked the server, the drives present were C, D and E. E Drive was shared within network, but when accessed from terminal/user's PC, it was accessed as P Drive. I did not understand why as P?

Another question is, After getting New Workstations, I wanted to connect that to the SERVER but Windows 7 could not log into domain of our server. Besides following the proper process/steps. I am able to use the printer and internet shared through SERVER though.

Anybody here to help me?

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
It is P drive as the pc you try to access from already have their own C D drive on local drive. So a different letter is given

for second problem what exactly are you shown. Post a screenshot if possible.

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
This is the screenshot of the error:
Untitled.png

Please help me

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try these:
Solved: Windows 7 DNS Error - Tech Support Guy Forums
or
Windows 7 Pro can't join to Windows Server 2003 domain server - Vista Forums
I have found a fix for me. I have had to disable or lower the NTLM security.
From windows 7, click start, type local and open the Local Security Policy
Manager.
Select Local Policies -> Security Options, in the right find Network
Secuity: LAN Manager Authentication Leven, and set to Send LM & NTLM - use
NTLMv2 session security if negotiated.

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Is there anything to do with setting up or inserting IP Address in Network settings?

Error.png
This is another screenshot for you geeks. PLease help me.

What am I suppose to put in these fields?
Untitled3.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
did you check the 1st link i posted in my previous post?if you did & can not understand then it would be better if you contact some person having some networking experience in domain groups(or your network administrator) & ask him for information like domain name etc.

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Guys, now an update to this:

I am able to ping my server but when I try to ping the domain it says host could not be found or something like that. Can you please brief me in this? Thank you.

Top Bottom