Windows refuses to shut down!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
guess new acct is the only soln . but is was nice to get a prob like this . anyway , lets not give up . the try these ;)

admintools -> local security settings -> local policies -> security options

- audit : shutdown system immediately if unable to log security audits
- shutdown : allow system to be shutdown without having to log on

user rights assignment ->
- shutdown the system
- in properties add ur user id

there should be a rating on the toughest probs faced here ;)

OP
J

jnpandya

Broken In
That's the spirit klinux, let us not give this up. I'm away from the computer with this problem so will try tonight and let you know about the result.

I could not find the answer to this question anywhere on the net over all the forums! But this type of questions should be kept in a different category called "CHALLANGES" in my opinion. What do you say?

Let's specifically invite some other friends for the problems which they have faced and were never solved and hence given up. Even 'digit' can publish these kind of problems to have ideas from those who are not members of this forum.

OP
J

jnpandya

Broken In
Creating a new user also does not help!!!!!

I have found that arbitrarily ending some processes through task manager allows my pc to shut down. I'll pin point the service and let you people know.

vysakh

Padawan
perhaps like u suggested u have to reinstall.
try installing in another drive without deleting this one and lood what happens

gamefreak14

Journeyman
Option 1
Shut down hibernation feature by going to Display props>Screensaver > Power. Remove the tick for 'enable hibernation'. Now power off your pc. Works? then turn the hibernation feature on! No go?>>>>
Option 2
First of all get to Run> msconfig
Let it bare boot. That is use selective startup and tick off all unwanted services. See if the problem persists. If it doesn't, now is the time to go 'trial and error'!!
Option 3
See if the shutdown feature works form the task manager. Use ctrl + alt + del. From there use shutdown. If it shuts down, then you have a problem with your registry. You will have to rebuild the registry, for which, unfortunately you'll have to reinstall afresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom