Windows Product Activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

justhink

Broken In
Plz Help ME:::::::::;

Is there any way to backup my Product Activation Data for future instalation.............

Kannan

In the zone
Yeah it is possible I think.

But the Product Activation depends on you Hardware combination, I think !

I am not sure, that why lot of "I Think" :p

OP
J

justhink

Broken In
Rep

Hi, Kannan

I dont want to change my Hardware, i just want to know it coz few days ago my computer crashed ...

busyanuj

In the zone
yes, there is one way.

there is a file WPA.DBL in the system32 folder. backup that file and restore it from safe mode after re-installing Windows.

OP
J

justhink

Broken In
Rep

Hi, busyanuj

I also want to know why it is nesseary. and also i dont understand, one of my friend use WinXP and there is no WPA........ How is it possiable..

prateekgoel123

Right off the assembly line
It is another security measure from Microsoft.
There are in all 5 types of installations offered in Windows XP SP1.
1. Win XP Professional Retail.
2. Win XP Home Edition Retail.
3. Win XP Professional Corporate.
4. Win XP Home Edition Corporate.
5. Win XP Stand Alone.

The 1st and 2nd installation needs Product Activation, but rest of all are pre-activated.

Your friend may have installed any one of 3rd, 4th or 5th installation.

godsownman

Padawan
What is the reason of keeping activation for only the 1st 2 only .

What are all the pirated cd's that we get which category 1st and 2nd oor 3rd and 4th .

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
The pirated CD keys that you get are the ones that were stolen from a volume license to an OEM manufacturer, and fall under the 3rd and 4th category. Those keys, along with a lot of others, are currently blocked by Microsoft for their update services. Also, remember to backup the wpabackup file along with WPA.dbl for it to work right.

Kannan

In the zone
The product Activation was a good idea.
But releasing a corporate version has made the Product Activation a useless idea :lol:

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Kannan said:
The product Activation was a good idea.
But releasing a corporate version has made the Product Activation a useless idea :lol:
No way it is a useless idea. PPl work without internet too dude. PPl may have to use Windows in such places too where you can't dream of internet connection.
And if you think the WIndows with WPA cannot be pirated, think again. I have Winxp Home and Pro Dual boot. Both of them are with WPA technology, both of them are pirated and I'm using both of them for more than 30 days, of course................................... Just cracks will do...................

OP
J

justhink

Broken In
Edit [Nemesis]: No discussion of cracks allowed here. Please read the forum rules here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13987

I am sorry for my mistake.........I am sorry for my mistake.........[/code]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom