Windows PhOne or AndRoid??

aunupalu

Right off the assembly line
heyy frnds..
this is my 1st post on the digit forum..
n i wanted a help 4m the moderators...as well as all the members..

m a bit confused as to which phone to buy???
android?? or windows phone??
iv shortlisted 5 phones..
my basic requirements r..
modern technology...n stylish n sexy luks.. :)
rest all is f99 wid me.. :)
n ya..the camera shud b decent enuf.. :)

my shortlisted phones r..
DELL VENUE PRO windows phone
DELL VENUE android phone
SONY ERICSSON XPERIA MINI PRO android phone
SONY ERICSSON XPERIA LIVE WITH WALKMAN android phone
MOTOROLA MILESTONE android phone

all these phones r costing me under 15k...
if ny better option is available plzzz let me know..
or inform me the best amongst the above.. :)

n also plzz...mention the reasons...as to why i shud buy dat particular phone..
as per me....going by the luks...i luv dell venue pro...bt rest all phones r sexy enuf.. :)
so frnds..plzzz lemme knw.. :)
my budget is maximum 15k.. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
all the above listed Dells are not recommended, neither the Milestone. those are really old mobiles. Milestone is many generation old.

so go for Live With Walkman if you can't spend over 15k or Motorola Defy Plus. Else check Xperia Neo V though it'll cost you 1-2k more.

thatsashok

peace panda
1) try out both OSes at a local store and decide for yourself which UI you like

2) If you are going for a Windows Phone buy one with Apollo out of the box. Which obviously costs more and comes in Q4 or later

3) if phone is urgent --> go for omnia w in windows section, defy/defy+ in android, like Sam said if you extend budget get a SE Neo V

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
^^no need to wait for apollo or anything
just use Windows and android phones in a store and decide which OS you like

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
5min with each mobile to decide which OS is better? hope this makes life a bit easy for the confused guy:

Windows Phone: Revolutionary UI. Smooth. Timely updates for all. Lack of expandable memory. A lot of dependencies in Zune for transferring files. Bluetooth problem.

Android Mobile: each day, each minute, each second you can have a different UI (unlimited customization). A lot of apps to choose from, most of them are free. Modding community keep your mobile new even after many years. Lack of internal memory in most Android mobiles. battery life sucks. Extremely late or no updates for all mobiles except flagships. improperly themed UI (by the mobile manufacturer) makes the OS slow, buggy, look bad & hang at times.

Krow

Crowman
I find Windows Phone to be a much more polished OS than Android (pre Ice Cream Sandwich). To be honest, an OS released last year is just making way to new phones. Very bad for Android.

OP
A

aunupalu

Thnk u all 4ur valuable comments..:):)

N yaa..i can xtend my budget a bit to get my hands on defy/defy +

Bt god knws y my mind ìs boggling me ovr the UI..

Bt iv decided to go 4 windows phone..:)
Ny reviews for samsung omnia w?
As for the 'apollo' it wil b available..as per the news..via update..for the 'mango' users...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ you can have complete WP look in any Android mobile. complete means almost everything can be made to act like WP but it can lead to slowdown. haven't used WP yet so don't know if it hangs at times but even the best Android mobile hangs sometimes.

Mobiles launched with tango should get Mango for sure. Mango too. Rest mayn't be so lucky.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thats where a 15k WP kicks a 30k Android right in the face. touchwiz, motoblur, sense, lg ui. all these have their own share of problem.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
thats where a 15k WP kicks a 30k Android right in the face. touchwiz, motoblur, sense, lg ui. all these have their own share of problem.

and then you get pwnd by n00bs who say that you have a useless phone because you dont have Bluetooth transfer (music piracy zindabad!) :lol:

OP
A

aunupalu

n shud i wait for the launch of samsung focus S??
coz its features r also rocking 1's.. :)
or shud i go 4 samsung omnia??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
and then you get pwnd by n00bs who say that you have a useless phone because you dont have Bluetooth transfer (music piracy zindabad!) :lol:

bluetooth transfer is required as NFC is not there and even with NFC, most highend mobiles don't have it. cause of these small things left out, WP is not that much successful as it should have been. Must biggest lulz is, most peoples comparing the SOC & all.

aroraanant

Explorer
Would suggest you to pick Android over WIndows anyday.
But if you are comfortable with all the cons of windows phone then you can buy Omnia W for 15k.
Or simply get Neo V for around ~16K or Live With Walkman for ~13k

OP
A

aunupalu

@aroraanant..

Nearly evry1 whu has commentd on my post hv suggestd me to go 4 SE neo v..
Cud u plz list out y is SE neo v ahead f the other cell phones in the similar price range?

Also it wud b a gr8 help 4m ur side if u cud temme the cons f a window phones as u hv mentioned in ur rply..:)

aroraanant

Explorer
If a person is strict with a budget of 16-17k then there are no other good/better options available.Though there is Moto Defy+ but I have read a lot of bad reviews about the same so thats why I don't suggest it to anyone.

Cons of Windows Phone:
One can't send anything throught Bluetooth.
No External Storage
Have to install drives and the phone can't be used as a mass storage device,so it is a bit trouble for some when we connect it to different computers.
And there are a couple more,just google it dude....

bhaskar

Broken In
Cons of Windows Phone:
One can't send anything throught Bluetooth.
No External Storage
Have to install drives and the phone can't be used as a mass storage device,so it is a bit trouble for some when we connect it to different computers.
And there are a couple more,just google it dude....

My friend failed when he tried to transfer a simple pdf file from his PC to his Nokia Lumia 710. The Zune software only recognises videos and images to synchronize... and this sucks... Otherwise smooth UI of Windows phones looks pretty good.

Top Bottom