Windows Phone 7 - Unavailable

deepak57

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I was in the market for a smart phone. After much searching in the net, I decided to get a windows 7 phone, the HTC HD7. This is where the problem started. I just couldnt find a legit HD7. By legit I mean with manufacture warranty and the works. Now I started searching for any phone which has Windows Phone 7. To my surprise I've come to realize that there are no phones which run on Windows Phone 7 in the market. I've checked stores local and online. Yes; I did find phones with "seller warranty" and stuff on ebay and a local store did offer to give me a what he called "grey market" HD7 for Rs 22k.

Does anyone have any idea why this is so? Because afaik these phones were released last year and is supposed to be available. WP7 is an upcoming platform and they do need to attract as many users as possible and still one of the biggest mobile markets, they dont have a handset available.

Soumik

Padawan
Have u checked proper retailers like Croma? I have seen working HD7 phones over there. And i dont think Croma would be selling anything non legit.
Same would be for anything bought from Flipkart or Letsbuy. U will have to go to official service centre to avail their warranty, its not like u will send them back to the website to get it fixed. :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I guess @OP is right, of all these : Compare Windows 7 Phones | Windows Mobile Phones | Windows Phone 7 Only HTC HD7 is available in India.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

OP
D

deepak57

Right off the assembly line
Hi Soumik,

I did check out most of the retailers including chroma. No WP7 devices were available :-(. And yes. I do know that when flipkart, letsbuy etc mention manufacturer warranty, they mean that i should contact the manufacturer. I was talking abt the seller warranty that sellers mention on ebay. Here u will have to send your device back to the seller and the seller will now repair/give a new phone to you (Which is a bit hard to trust).

@krishnandu.sarkar

From what i could gather from my search, even HD7 isnt officially (with manufaturer warranty etc) available in India now. It was released early this year; but right now not available in the market. Just for reference you could check flipkart, letsbuy etc. its either listed as out of stock or sold out.

HD7 and Dell Venue Pro were released in India (Venue Pro featured in Bazaar in Digit May 2011 issue) but both arent right now available in any online stores.

Update: Venue pro is available on lets buy. But i am interested in buying HD7

Last edited:
Top Bottom