Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently installed the Windows Longhorn Transformation Pack 8. since then my computer has started taking a lot of time to boot up. How do i un-install it? Un-install option is not available on the control panel>add or remove programs.

Can this be done without using the system restore facility?

Doddy

Broken In
yes, me too

but my computer even do not get shutdown i have to power off the from
power supply

theraven

Technomancer
restart in safe mode
run the longhorn transformation pack installer again
there will be an option to uninstal there
worse comes worse if nuthing works. . then pop in ur win xp cd and run sfc /scannow from start=> run

goobimama

 Macboy
what's this sfc/scannow?

Hey RAVEN, what is this sfc /scannow? can it be used to remove other programs as well?

Milind

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
simply run the setup file of longhorn transf. pack once again...it has an option of uninstalling...

sfc/scannow >> means system file checker ..
will try to restore the original windows system files which longhorn transformation pack ruined..
mind u it will need winXP CD while running the program..

theraven

Technomancer
ummm
devil here explained it
but since it seems like ur a novice im gonna try and explain it in details
longhorn transformation pack tho it seems like a program doesnt exactly install as one
those visual stules and eye candy u see ?
are all in system files
ofcourse the windows default system files have the default look
therefore for the new look what these transformation packs do is REPLACE the UR system files with the new ones
the mac os treansformation pack does have an uninstall option in the add/remove program list
all this depends on the autho

now basically according to the updates uve installed ull have ur file versions acc. to that
for eg. files for winxp is diff , if u have sp1 u have a newer version and if u have sp2 u have a diff version
therefore the transformation pack must have a matched file version for u
what these authors do is edit the system files itself and add their BMPs and other images .. while ofcourse replacing the default ones
these new system files are then packed into that exe and submitted

for ur information SYSTEM files include
.sys
.dll
.cpl
even .exe

now like i said the transformation pack replaces these files all we need to do is replace them back with our original ones
which is on our winxp cd

here is where SFC or System File Checker comes in play
it checks the files u have with the ones on the cd
if it finds somethign different it replaces the original file from the cd on ur hdd

this i said ofcourse as a last option IF the uninstall doesnt work

in that case u need to goto start => run
and type the following
Code:
SFC /SCANNOW
note the space between "SFC" and "/"

i apologise for the confusion i created but SFC is NOT for uninstallin programs !
;)

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:lol: nice explanation raven though i was aware of this tutorial.... :wink:

just to keep it short nd simple for others... replaces corrupted/damaged files by longhorn to that frm the CD....thats it!!!!

:roll: peace!!! :roll: :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom