windows getting stuck at "startup screen"

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys,

this is the 2nd time in a few months that this is happening.! i just dont know what the problem is, surely not a virus problem.! Its always with the OS, and i have to format the HDD no matter what.! It just loads upto the "windows is starting" screen and hangs there. its really unneverving to connect the hdd as a secondary drive (have to struggle to get it detected) on a different comp and backup all the data stored in C (mostly desktop and my documents)

tried windows automated system recovery also, wasnt of ANY help as expected..!

Is there any system restore software with which i can directly switch my comp to a previous date if a similar problem occurs?

im running out of patience with this, i just cant get to my desktop no matter what i do, tried safe mode, (networking and command prompt too) but it just doesnt let me in.!

regards,
dragon

Do you have any logon screen modifiers like LogonXP Vista ? Cause they some times do that. Or maybe your hard disk is developing bad sectors, if it is it then check your disk, start>run>chkdsk <drive letter> enter. This will let you know. Or right click on hdd drive>select check disk. Or it might be a registry problem. Format your pc and run registry software like Cc cleaner regularly. To back up system completely use norton ghost. Try all these in another computer to know about your hdd status. Send results here.

OP
jack_the_ripper

jack_the_ripper

Dragon!
i dont use any logon modifiers, and i've checked my disk for bad sectors also.! nothing with that.! Is there any system restore software that i can access at bootup only, so that i can avoid this problem?

OP
jack_the_ripper

jack_the_ripper

Dragon!
even i suspect that my hard disk is falling apart.! its making a lot of grinding noise lately.!

and can anyone suggest me a System Restore software with which i can create checkpoints and get back to a prev date incase any such problem occurs..!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
even i suspect that my hard disk is falling apart.! its making a lot of grinding noise lately.!

and can anyone suggest me a System Restore software with which i can create checkpoints and get back to a prev date incase any such problem occurs..!

BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP...
ur system is going to be down within a few days.

Do chkdsk in all the drives and check if any info of bad sector is provided.

OP
jack_the_ripper

jack_the_ripper

Dragon!
^ sure ill back up! :D

but what IF i backup my data and im not able to login to windows..?? the backed up file is lost in the HDD?

OP
jack_the_ripper

jack_the_ripper

Dragon!
well what i meant was incase i back it up externally also, will that save me from formatting my comp, incase im not able to boot my OS.!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom