windows fonts have changed.please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
hi guys

well after uninstalling a software.the whole font style of my windows has changed.
for example :-the webpages shows mostly in italics.
*img137.imageshack.us/img137/917/10554281.th.jpg

is there anyway i can switch back to the normal mode.atleast can i make the webpages fonts normal as before.

i have windows xp sp3.
please help.

Krow

Crowman
Which browser? Is the problem only for browser or all of windows?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
*www.webmasterworld.com/forum10/7292.htm

*forums.techguy.org/earlier-versions-windows/67532-font-changed-italics-its-own.html

It may be that the default system font may have gotten deleted. Check C:/Windows/Fonts. Its Italic version might be the only one remaining. Just check once.

Last edited:

CA50

Cyborg Agent
@krow can't u c its opera. Anyway there r font setings in opera setings>appearence. Check those.

Krow

Crowman
Damn, I missed it. Hey quan, going a little offtopic here, but why don't you use the third link in my sig. It gives you a much better forum theme and takes out the ads too.

rohanmathew

Reader of Trust 2009
Changing your browser font in Internet Explorer.

Microsoft Internet Explorer will allow you to browse the Internet with a variety or different fonts. To change your browser font.

• Open up Internet Explorer.
  • From the Tool menu, click Internet Options.
  • Click on the General tab (usually the default tab) and click Font Settings button at the bottom of the dialog box.
  • Now the Fonts dialog box will appear.
  • Once you are there, you can select the Proportional and Fixed-width fonts that you prefer, as well as the Character sets.
  • Make your selection and click OK to save your settings.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Suggestions are based on reference.Try at your risk.

Last edited:

satyamy

Alive Again...
its simple yaar...

Right Click on desktop > Properties > Appearance > Advance >
and in that see if the fonts are Trebuchet & Tahoma and check if they are Not Italic
if italic than make them non-italic

*img504.imageshack.us/img504/385/winfontschange.th.jpg

otherwise

u need "Trebuchet MS" & "Tahoma" Font
if u dont hav it than install it in ur windows font directory

than from display properties change all fonts
change all title to Trebuchet MS & all menu bar & message font to Tahoma (total 6 changes)

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^i checked those fonts are present on the windows fonts directory.but that fonts option on Properties > Appearance > Advance > is locked.:-(

satyamy

Alive Again...
^^i checked those fonts are present on the windows fonts directory.but that fonts option on Properties > Appearance > Advance > is locked.:-(
LOCKED :shock:
Can b a Virus Attack, do u have Good Updated Antivirus Software (like Kaspersky), 1st Scan your PC for that
also
their can a bit of Windows Files Problem
so
insert your Windows XP CD in CD-Rom and press Windows+R Button on Keyboard (for Run)
and type
sfc /scannow
so that it can repair system files

you must do this while logged in from Administrator Account and not from Limited or Guest Account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom