Windows firewall problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
i disabled my windows firewall 4 dwnldng some s/w as it gave me some problem...Now i am unable to enable as windows gives me a msg that "windows cannot enable the firewall due to an unidentified problem"...i get a popup ballon in the system tray that "No firewall is turned on"...i installed zone alarm..it works well and solves the problem but as its a trial version...i dont like to use it or any other s/w for that matter but i just want to solve this problem

sakumar79

Technomancer
Windows Firewall is very primitive. You are better off installing a thirdparty firewall for your computer... ZoneAlarm has a free version (install Personal instead of Pro on the system - you get a choice during installation). Another good software is Kerio Personal Firewall...

Arun

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
sakumar79 said:
Windows Firewall is very primitive. You are better off installing a thirdparty firewall for your computer... ZoneAlarm has a free version (install Personal instead of Pro on the system - you get a choice during installation). Another good software is Kerio Personal Firewall...

Arun

dood look whats his problem is he isnt asking any name of gud FW he is stuck with windows firewall and needs to get that fixed... simple!!!

@ Rakesh..

Best I wud recommend you to do it, system restore. There is no question why it wudnt work.

If not,

First Uninstall ur ZA...
*Reboot*
Unistall ur LAN card Reinstall and reboot accordingly,

start ur network configuration and it should work... keep us updated

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
sona said:
use zone alarm basic version......
that is free

lmfao.. did u read the original question and my previous post?? he isnt asking what firewall to use :)) bah some ppl never read b4 posting :))

sakumar79

Technomancer
@Virus, you should read his post completely... He said he didnt want to use ZoneAlarm because it is not free... Also, as I mentioned earlier, I want him to not use Windows Firewall as it is primitive and does not provide great protection... However, if despite this, he wants to use Windows Firewall, the link *windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedaccess.htm can be checked out for solution...

Arun

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
sakumar79 said:
@Virus, you should read his post completely... He said he didnt want to use ZoneAlarm because it is not free... Also, as I mentioned earlier, I want him to not use Windows Firewall as it is primitive and does not provide great protection... However, if despite this, he wants to use Windows Firewall, the link *windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedaccess.htm can be checked out for solution...

Arun

ahh ok dood... :)

u may also want to try kerio personal firewall

*www.sunbeltsoftware.com/evaluation/440/kerio.exe

6 MB lite on resources... many options to completely personalize

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
__Virus__ said:
dood look whats his problem is he isnt asking any name of gud FW he is stuck with windows firewall and needs to get that fixed... simple!!!

@ Rakesh..

Best I wud recommend you to do it, system restore. There is no question why it wudnt work.

If not,

First Uninstall ur ZA...
*Reboot*
Unistall ur LAN card Reinstall and reboot accordingly,

start ur network configuration and it should work... keep us updated

Ur solution didnt help....i get the same problem!

All u people over here recommend me some or the other s/w to use as a firewall...but i probably think this is due to some spyware/adware in my comp....i would like to know any spyware does this problem by disabling ur firewall and taskbar too...i used spybot search and destroy....It helped me solve my taskbar problem but windows firewall is still the same

All u people over here recommend me some or the other s/w to use as a firewall...but i probably think this is due to some spyware/adware in my comp....i would like to know any spyware does this problem by disabling ur firewall and taskbar too...i used spybot search and destroy....It helped me solve my taskbar problem but windows firewall is still the same

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
scan ur pc in SAFEMODE with atlst 2 anti-spy and one av. if nothing is detected then this thread, mentioned above, shud have helped u *windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedaccess.htm
check if ur windows firewall service is started and turned to automatic.
the new za disables windows fw on startup. uncheck that option.

\/endett/\

Broken In
Yeah man....i had the same problem....also got my standy-by button disabled.
As far as i recollect, it was bcoz' i had tried to change my WinXP Serial KEY using KeyChanger so as to get it validated through WGA. The problem remained as long as i didnt reinstall windows.....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom