Windows explorer not responding at startup

utkarsh007

U7karsh
Hey guys i am unable to figure out the solution to my problem.When i log on to my acc, my windows explorer after a short while hangs and becomes not responding. At this instant i can do nothing i mean i can't even move the cursor. This happens only with my account . My ntbtlog.txt is :

ntbtlog

My pc config is:

Win 7 ultimate 32bit
2gb ram
250gb hdd
nvidia 8400gs
core 2 duo

tkin

Back to school!!
Boot in safe mode, see if it hangs, if not then a driver or service or start up program is culprit.

PS: You need to press F8 during boot to select safe mode and boot into it.

OP
utkarsh007

utkarsh007

U7karsh
Boot in safe mode, see if it hangs, if not then a driver or service or start up program is culprit.

PS: You need to press F8 during boot to select safe mode and boot into it.

Works fine at startup...
which prog is causing this??
any idea????
as there are many drivers unable to load at startup in the log file....

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Use MSCONFIG > Windowskey+R>Msconfig >Selective Startup>uncheck the option Load startup items> Restart and see if the problem persists

gameranand

Living to Play
utkarsh007 said:
Works fine at startup...
which prog is causing this??
any idea????
as there are many drivers unable to load at startup in the log file....
When did ya noticed that. Remember what you installed just before this problem. That could be culprit.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well then try disabling all unnecessary programs from startup. Disable all except system processes and see what happens.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Now load start up items one by one and reboot, if it hangs after enabling a program its the culprit, it will take time but its the only way.

OP
utkarsh007

utkarsh007

U7karsh
hey guys now comes a diff scenario. now i when i log in to my acc, a black screen with a cursor welcomes me. I have to end explorer.exe and start it again and then wait for minutes to use my pc. this is happenin with all acc. also system backup cant be used coz it was turned off

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Install this patch & see if the prob solves or not
FIX: The Explorer.exe process stops responding (hangs) when you use Windows Explorer that hosts a shell extension that was created by using MFC

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
So its time for the Trump card do u remember when this started if so try a system Restore on a older date before it

Note:The programs & softwares u installed after the restoration date will not work

Top Bottom