Windows error....

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
I think my windows crashed again....please anyone suggest me some techniques to prevent windows crashing ....its the 8th time in the year my windows has crashed does anybde now the reason .....my config is as follows....

Intel i3 540
Gigabyte h55md2h
2gb corsair..........will be adding anoyher 2 gb
500gb sata seagate

Windows xp 32 bit sp3....:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

clmlbx

Technomancer
First you tell us How did it crash.. what error did you get or you can't boot? What were symptoms :lol: I mean any errors and stuff like that in last few days..

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
Earlier it was slow....a bit but then it was solved by changing the sata port ....this time i was playong texas holdem poker ...and suddenly the pc hanged for abt 10mins .... I did a hard reset by the physical button on the cabinet.....and the boooommm....the error was "a disk read error occured
Alt +ctrl +del ...to restart"......the last time i formated it was because of ntldr missing....why microsoft has chosen only my pc to crash at frequent intervals

clmlbx

Technomancer
"ntldr missing" could have been solved easily you did not had to re-install windows again..

for now disk read error again is a sign of Hard-disk problem....you did check for bad sectors right?

check if bios is showing your hard-disk, If yes then try repairing it with windows cd before going for fresh installation.

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
What does bad sectors mean....and yes the bios is showing the hardisk...and where can i get my hard disk checked........

clmlbx

Technomancer
Bad sector means part of your hard-disk corrupted/damaged so nothing can be read or written on that.. It is not good.

check your Hard-disk with Hdtune and also with seatools

abhidev

Human Spambot
scan your hdd as @rawgeek said...after that boot ur system with the windows bootable disk and select the repair option...

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
"ntldr missing" could have been solved easily you did not had to re-install windows again..
:+1: Local PC repairers usually format the computer if ntldr missing error occurs. It was the case with me 3-4 years back when I was a kid. Then I came to know it was only a boot error and could be fixed.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Clean regularly using Ccleaner and Glary Utilities. Use Norton Ghost or any other program which can replace Windows from an pre saved image in case of permanent damage.

Top Bottom