windows activation problem....HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyad_ace

Right off the assembly line
Hi, i have a problem with a windows xp sp2...i formated my computer a month ago and i activated my windows...however when the month ended i got the message:

"You must activate your wiindows "

but when i press on OK (to activate) i get the message:

"windows key has already been activated"

so i press "OK" but the user logs out and i cant log in....PLZ someone help
im just going around in circles!!! I tried to go to safemode but it wont work, and i tried last good configuration but still nothing...

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....some one please help i dont want to format my computer

rajas700

Youngling
It seem that u are using OEM Version usally using OEM Key's u can activate the windows only for specified time(example:30 Times like)After this when u can't use the key again u have to contact the RETAILER for a new key .so contact him and get a new key and activate it.

sirajcmr

Right off the assembly line
<snipped>

[Edit:drgrudge]
Read the rules and post. Also if you see you posting like this, you will be in trouble.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Read the rules dude ! Rules are the mainstream of ur posts here... U are doomed ;) Happy banning/On a warning for posting a crack site which isnt allowed here :p

dreams

Gracias Senor
I too experienced prob like this.. dont knw wats the prob with SP2.. so installed SP1 and now it works fine..

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
If u don't want to activate ur windows time to time, then u should always backup "wpa.dbl" (located in Windows\System32 folder).

And after a fresh install simply replace the newly installed wpa.dbl with the backuped one :wink:

casanova

The Frozen Nova
yup, u cracked ur activation first but that crack didn't do exactly what u wanted it to do. btw y did u crack ur activation, i had once did it since i didn't have net connection and i was unable to call their tollfree no. Has it changed.

@ vishal gupta
thanks for wpa.dbl vackup hint

casanova

The Frozen Nova
@vishal gupta
i copied my previously activated wpa.dbl to system32 after reinstalling windows today itself.
But whe i restarted xp it showed "You showed activate windows to continue using windows". I clicked ok and when it prompted how to activate, i cancelled the activation window and it let me log in.
Also, then i tried to activate windows over internet, but it did not connect to server. Also when i tried to use telephone option, it didn't show the hardware id.

Now, i replaced the backed up wpa.dbl with the original one (the one i got when i installed xp). Here starts a different problem.
It connected to the server but it said you have exceeded the no of times you can activate with this product id. I have only activated twice before. It further said if you believe this error came as a mistake, use the telephone option. But the toll free nos are not working. Have they changed, if yes please post the new nos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom