Windows 8 upgrade for HP M6 1002TX laptop

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guys,

I'm planning to upgrade my HP M6 laptop from Windows7 to Windows8. I checked this link: Windows Upgrade Offer - Landing Page

The above link was provided in Flipkart saying that the laptops purchased through them will be eligible to upgrade to Windows8 for only 699 bucks. I didn't buy this laptop in Flipkart, but bought it in a local shop.

When I tried to register in that link, it asked for my Windows7 key and said that my laptop is not eligible for this offer.

Have any of you guys made use of this offer?

duke123

In the zone
pheww flipkart just advertises everything as specially by them..:twisted:

i upgraded to windows 8..i didint buy from flipkart...only requirement is

If you buy a qualifying Windows 7 PC between 2 June 2012 and 31 January 2013, you can purchase a download of Windows 8 Pro at a special promotional price that varies by region(699₹).

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
I have had the same problem with my Inspiron Turbo purchased directly from Dell. I do not think it is a retailer issue, rather it is a Microsoft issue. I spoke with my Dell representative, he took control of my laptop and tried to fill in the details but showed the same error. He advised me to speak directly to Microsoft support at 18001021100.
Am planning to do that today- they are open from 9 AM-9PM

duke123

In the zone
dude dont upgrade now ..HP laptops are facing a issue with windows 8..the laptop becomes unusable..nobody at Microsoft or HP has a clue about this..wait till they fix the issue..myself facing this issue with several other users..

Naxal

Little Kid
Aha- so what does that mean? No upgrade for us?

Only MS can answer.

Theoretically they calculate via the date of key issue but practically its not possible since customers are told the offer is from their purchase date.

Better to contact MS for the answer.

I have had the same problem with my Inspiron Turbo purchased directly from Dell. I do not think it is a retailer issue, rather it is a Microsoft issue. I spoke with my Dell representative, he took control of my laptop and tried to fill in the details but showed the same error. He advised me to speak directly to Microsoft support at 18001021100.

By the way, its Dell who showed the advertisement so its their headache to talk, you should not have taken the responsibility, rather if he had refused, you should have escalated the issue.

Mind you, the Windows Dell or other vendors give is OEM Pack. And this said issue falls under activation or such related issue. Hence it would fall in support part of Dell i think.

dude dont upgrade now ..HP laptops are facing a issue with windows 8..the laptop becomes unusable..nobody at Microsoft or HP has a clue about this..wait till they fix the issue..myself facing this issue with several other users..

Its never advisable to go with upgrade, rather better to obtain the key and go for a clean installation.

Many times the upgrade gets screw up with previous OS software and hardware driver not being compatible with newer OS, not mentioning already present malware in disc to screw up the upgrade process.

duke123

In the zone
^^^i did a clean install.issue is common for people who upgraded and got new windows 8 based laptops..past two days i am running with this issue..you cannot do anything with your computer rather than waiting for hours for the update to move from 13%.first thought it as a indivigual issue..just now only saw others also facing same issue....contacted microsoft and HP nobody has any idea...

Naxal

Little Kid
^^^i did a clean install.issue is common for people who upgraded and got new windows 8 based laptops..past two days i am running with this issue..you cannot do anything with your computer rather than waiting for hours for the update to move from 13%.first thought it as a indivigual issue..just now only saw others also facing same issue....contacted microsoft and HP nobody has any idea...

I am too running Windows 8 and friend of mine just switched to Win 8 in HP and yet to face any issue relating to KB2756872.

I am not saying there is no problem, but it seems its effecting a certain pool of users.

Yes its possible MS is yet to find the cause but usually these issue are due to some 3rd party software or driver !

duke123

In the zone
^^ya maybe certain users only..just mentioned as a warning...because you become totally helpless...i contacted Microsoft and HP india..both have no idea.and no official fix has come yet .since i am owner of G6 2005AX a lot of users might have been affected...wait till they fix the issue...

Naxal

Little Kid
since i am owner of G6 2005AX a lot of users might have been affected...wait till they fix the issue...

Well if it would have been due to Hardware, by now major internet hardware websites would have been jumped into it.

Hell lot of a news hungry MS angry people are out there waiting to lash out as soon as they find a issue so rest assure at least till now it doesn't look like to be a hardware specific issue rather some software or some type of software is there causing the issue

because you become totally helpless...i contacted Microsoft and HP india..both have no idea.

This one is really painful :(

Dual Boot :p. Keep the Windows 7 also :p

duke123

In the zone
^^well as far as i am concerned both HP and Microsoft are faulty....

the temporary fix mentioned relates to manually removing all drivers for sound and display...and then update...the KB2756872 resolution doesnt solve it...i have used XP for almost 7 years,and windows 7 for 1 year has never faced a issue like this...

the update keeps getting hanged at 13%...even if you hard power off no luck...the advanced system repair tools for microsoft windows 8 keeps failing...only way i could use my laptop was by refreshing it ...but it again started updating bringing back the issue...now i have hard reset and disabled updates..luckily didnt have any important data to be lost..luckily i searched google 13% update issue on windows 8..

this is a serious bug issue from microsoft and HP..the guys at microsoft and HP wasted some more time.the system completely fails..some guys who brought latest laptops with windows 8 found it totally unusable after 2 days WTF:-(

currently busy downloading windows 7 setup...:-D

Last edited:

dsmarty

Journeyman
HAHAHA, I knew windows 8 is a crap OS. :p
Welcome back to Vista era!
All these problems will be fixed in windows 9. Until then you people have to manage with windows 8 only, as you did with vista. lol

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I contacted HP customer support and this is the response I got: "If you are unable to purchase Windows 8 Operating System through online. Please contact Microsoft to order the same manually. As I mentioned the unit will support Windows 8 Operating System."

androiderrr

Broken In
Facing exact problem.I purchsed dell inspiron 15R turbo on 20th november with windows 7
When i tried registring for windows 8 upgarde...it said you are not eligible
Anybody know what to do?

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
Facing exact problem.I purchsed dell inspiron 15R turbo on 20th november with windows 7
When i tried registring for windows 8 upgarde...it said you are not eligible
Anybody know what to do?

Dell will not be of help here. Write to Microsoft support. Email them your windows registration/reference id, and your Windows 7 product key. The product key should be inside your battery compartment. They might come back (rather stupidly so) saying your Windows system is not "activated". If they do, send them a screenshot of your system activation status. They will revert withing 4-5 business days with your Windows 8 registration key.
This is how i got mine, hope it works for you.

Top Bottom