Windows 7 : Not able to create new user

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I am facing an issue with new user creation on Windows 7 desktop. It simply won't log in using new user/s I create through control panel. Neither am I able to activate guest account. There is administrator account for all. And since my PC is not always private, I am having trouble. Please suggest a solution. Thanks.

Flash

Lost in speed
For Guest account activation, try this:

Open "Local Security Policy", navigate to - Local policy > Security options > Accounts: Guest account status and then, enable.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Thanks. When I use guest account, it says "Group Policy Service failed to logon. Access Denied "

Flash

Lost in speed
Then, your access (your account) has been limited with access by your administrator. You can't do anything about it by yourself. :/

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] , thanks
[MENTION=159164]$hadow[/MENTION]

I created an admin account. But it is void of Desktop folder. Tried playing with secpol and gpsvc . No luck. Even followed a guide to add GPSvc folder under svchost in registry. Nothing so far. Guest won't work and other accounts have no desktop ( and not sure how many other ).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@SaiyanGoku , thanks
@$hadow

I created an admin account. But it is void of Desktop folder. Tried playing with secpol and gpsvc . No luck. Even followed a guide to add GPSvc folder under svchost in registry. Nothing so far. Guest won't work and other accounts have no desktop ( and not sure how many other ).

Did you log into the new account before trying to create a desktop folder?

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Every windows 7 will have a admin account. I don't think its possible to create a admin user from a standard user command line.

So try running cmd as administrator (shift+right click) then try OR go into safe mode, the administrator user could be visible there.

Flash

Lost in speed
Open "Local Security Policy", navigate to - Local policy > Security options > Accounts: Administrator account status and then, enable.
Logoff your account, and then login with the Admin account.

$hadow

Geek in making
With all these fail results a fresh new account with admin right might be a long shot otherwise a fresh install imminent.

Top Bottom