In the zone
I was planning to upgrade my PC from Win XP to Win 7

My configuration is
Pentium Dual Core 2.8 Ghz
1 Gb Ram
250 Gm HDD (SATA)
128 Mb AGP Geforce 5600

But I have doubts that will some of my configuration work on Windows 7 or not

prominently I want CafeStation to work on it.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...FamilyID=1b544e90-7659-4bd9-9e51-2497c146af15

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor scans your PC's system, programs and devices to check if it's able to run Windows 7. After a few minutes, the report will let you know if your PC meets the system requirements, if there are any known compatibility issues with your programs and devices, and will also provide guidance on your upgrade options to Windows 7.

Stuge

Youngling
ram is more needed ,graphic card needs to be upgraded .
is it an old hard drive ?? i.e 250 GB 8mb one ??

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
just add another 2gig of ram. that should be enough.

btw, you sure that you have pentium dual core? coz agp was extinct by the time pentium dual core came out.

boosters

In the zone
No, only Dual core is not the solution. I also have DC2.8 but still my vista takes 2-3 GB for smooth run. So i think you have to upgrade your memory to 3 GB Ram .

Now if you can upgrade your graphic card this is the best time, man here it is DIWALI

Krow

Crowman
No, only Dual core is not the solution. I also have DC2.8 but still my vista takes 2-3 GB for smooth run. So i think you have to upgrade your memory to 3 GB Ram .

Now if you can upgrade your graphic card this is the best time, man here it is DIWALI

He asked about windows 7 and not vista. My W7 x64 eats around 0.99GB at startup with all eyecandy enabled. It never goes above 1.3GB unless I try to play heavy games like GTA IV.

nns

Broken In
You will be able to run Windows 7 without the fancy graphics!!
An upgrade to 2 GB is recommended but not necessary!! (I am using 741MB at the moment with all the win7 graphics on, avast antivirus and firefox-6 tabs)
Graphics are more than enough if you don't intend to game!! (I am running on onboard gfx Intel X3100)
Processor is good (mine is dual core 1.7 gigs 1mb l2 cache)!!

ramprasad

In the zone
Upgrade RAM to 2 GB is very much essential, if you want to enjoy the graphics without any hiccups... :)

Otherwise as nns pointed out, looks fine

OP
prateek007391

prateek007391

In the zone
Sorry, I have been away from the post since a long time

I did a wide searching and finally Windows 7 is running greatly on same configuration

however now the problem has suddenly appeared, Earlier I had PF usage about 300 - 400 Mbs even on heavy usage but now a days the PF usage about from 667 - 890 Mbs, even when no program is open.

I have checked the Information page, it still shows 1GB ram

Is my RAM working or not
on Checking Windows Memory Diagnostic Tools it shows Hardware problem contact your Computer Manufacturer
:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom