Windows 7 Beta 1 DVD Coming in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
Attendees at upcoming Microsoft Developer Conferences (MDC) will receive a Windows 7 Beta 1 DVD, the software giant announced Tuesday.

Microsoft will host 11 MDCs from Dec. 9 until Feb. 19 in cities throughout the country. Attendance costs $99 per person.

"All attendees will receive a Windows 7 Beta 1 DVD," according to a note on the MDC Web site.

DVDs will not be immediately available for those attending the December sessions in Houston, Orlando, and Atlanta, but Microsoft "will have DVDs mailed to them when they become available."

Microsoft will, however, have DVDs on hand for the January and February sessions, which will hit Chicago, Minneapolis, Washington, New York, Boston, Detroit, Dallas, and San Francisco.

In addition to tutorials on Windows 7, the MDCs will also include sessions on Windows Azure, Microsoft SQL data services, Silverlight 2, the "Oslo" modeling platform, and Visual Studio 2010.

No word on when non-MDC attendees will get their hands on Windows 7 Beta 1.

Microsoft provided a first glimpse of Windows 7 for developers earlier this year the Microsoft Developers Conference and WinHEC. The release is not markedly different from Windows Vista, but does enhance the ways in which users can interact with the OS, including new networking discovery features and multimedia playback.

Source

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Ya.. I know.. I though they would distribute a copy of beta like they gave trial version of Home Server 2008..

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
$99 for a beta version??? forget it. Ubuntu stable version is available for free.
You may get it with magazines for 50 times less than this cost ie Rs 100 (for magazine)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
$99 for a beta version??? forget it. Ubuntu stable version is available for free.
You may get it with magazines for 50 times less than this cost ie Rs 100 (for magazine)
Man you're better than the last troll who got banned. :lol: $99 is for attending the conference. :lol: And the interaction with the people who come there is something you will not get in magazines. ;)

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Man you're better than the last troll who got banned. :lol: $99 is for attending the conference. :lol: And the interaction with the people who come there is something you will not get in magazines. ;)
Yep, MDC is not just a BETA release propaganda.

Vishal Patil said:
And there are torrents forever to have Win 7 BETA for general people ;), why bother bashing the conference over it's price (especially when you don't seem to be interested)?

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Not anymore in this recession market, at least not for windows DVD. you trust me now. :)
Umm dude, I've been living in the US for many years. :)

The recession bug has hit those with lower salaries or folks in the IT/finance industries. Business has never been better in my line of expertise.

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
alsa we are talking about the IT industry here, so the recession applies here the most.
and there might also be 30-day trial period on that DVD (i hope no)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom