Windoes Vista Beta 2 build 5384 ... a smal review ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
PrinceHeart said:
Got DVD for both 32 bits and 64 bits from microsoft through fedex in 6 days with Rs. 712. the DVD was free, i only pay for the shipping charges. I tried downloading through the microsoft website and it failed 4 times... so i got fedup and ordered the DVD instead.

I can send u the DVD of 32 bit or 64 bit whichever u want, but i will not share my product code, as i have already given it to 6 of my friends, so i don't know if they had given it to anyone else or not. Because I told everyone not to share.. but who listen eh :)

one more thing how u got dvd from microsoft

PrinceHeart said:
Not advertising here but kindly browse this thread also:
** Working/Not-Working Programs with VISTA BETA 2 **
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32107

deathvirus_me - a suggestion: would be helpful if u can post in that thread also and edit your post in this thread if u want.

desmataks : Sorry, I can't post you the dvd to you as of now, as my dvd writter is not working. The blank dvd will cost around 30/- and courier anywhere in india, i think it would be around 30/- to 40/- . And as i have told earlier, i can't send u the product key. So make sure you have the product key 1st, before i can send u the dvd. It will take me around 2-3 weeks before i can send u the dvd(sorry, my exams starts soon)

cheerz

thanx..for replying..
if u want then i can send blank dvd to u also so not make u bear any loss..
when ur dvd started is in working condition plz try to send me dvd as i have no person here of my city i.e. patiala ..if u knows anyone then tell plz..

so consider me..and thanx once agian

Last edited:

go_gamez

In the zone
please tell mei am downloading the latest that is 5456 version ..will it have all thye aero and the 3d flip features like inearlier beta or not..cauz thts what i like in vista !!

knight17

In the zone
I am living in a village in Kerala so no chance for getting this from friends...

Anyone here who can share there copy of Windows VIsta.
If so please PM me or post it..
I will pay the expenses for that
thanks

go_gamez

In the zone
i can send my copy of vista beta 2 32 bit version to anyone who needs it..the only problem is how will i send it ???and microsoft charges RS 720. for both the dvds i suppose..so i dont know how much should i ask for ??and what about the transaction ?how will it take place ??one more thing is i can share my cd key..as i have already used it many times and have promised Kalpik that not to distribute the product key !!

so anybody needs the dvd do tell me.i m ready to go for a deal..just pm me or send me an e-mail.. faheem_love2002@yahoo.com ..
no spams please..and i hope all this is legal !!

PrinceHeart

In the zone
The beta is asked to be shared even by microsoft - that's why 1 product key can be used 10 times. So its not illegal at all. I got problems writing the dvd cause of my dvd writter not working atm. And yes i tried to download the 3.2GB file same as everyone else, but i give up when i see 200+ hrs left :D.. so i bought it from microsoft. And i already share my product key with 7 persons already, so i can't pass on the product key anymore. I don't know, as MS said, the product key can be used 10 times, or with 1 pc config, it will still count as 1 times if i format and reinstall beta 2 again. So like if i format 10 times before 1 july 2007, will it still count as 1 time product key use, or 10 times ? Anyone got any hint about this ?

if anyone wants to do a dvd copy, i would suggest them to use SONY or HP dvd, not those cheap ones available in the market.

And this is not a money making trick. As for me, I just want to help others who don't have access to Beta 2 to use it. Its a beta release anyway - not the full version. So guess its not harm helping some buddies out here, without thinking $$$ in mind.

cheerz

Last edited:

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Here are some random screenshots from Windows Vista Beta 2 build 5384.

*img133.imageshack.us/img133/1748/limwirnotreswh0.th.jpg

*img224.imageshack.us/img224/6635/winpicspt0.th.jpg

*img224.imageshack.us/img224/5825/windeskso6.th.jpg

*img100.imageshack.us/img100/1579/welcomescreenqj7.th.jpg

cheerz

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Some more screenshots

*img133.imageshack.us/img133/579/sysinfobj2.th.jpg

*img100.imageshack.us/img100/3930/wingadgetsqv6.th.jpg

*img100.imageshack.us/img100/3579/mycompal0.th.jpg

*img133.imageshack.us/img133/4053/ctrlpaneloi5.th.jpg

PrinceHeart

In the zone
some more...

*img224.imageshack.us/img224/71/winhelpta8.th.jpg

*img133.imageshack.us/img133/5264/compminimisezo5.th.jpg

*img133.imageshack.us/img133/1513/colorschemert4.th.jpg

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Sorry for 1 more post just for telling "knight17" - that this forum only allows 4 image files includings smileys in 1 post, and since i had 11 images i had to post em in 3 diff. post. There is nothing i could do about it.

Now i wonder after 92 post, knight17 didn't knew that yet, or just made 1 more post without any reason ;)

peace

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
what about the boot screen is it still the same boring 16 color windows logo with vista written or there is something more beautiful

PrinceHeart

In the zone
I don't know how to take screenshots of boot screen and dunno where the boot screen files are in windows vista yet :p

I have heard the proper/best way to obtain the logon screen is to use a virtual machine (VMWare or MS Virtual PC). Does they also take boot screen shots ? I got no idea. It was never free when i need it. And now MS Virtual PC is free and i got no use for it.

Maybe deathvirus_me can get some boot screenshots ?

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
well if ne of u face the permission problem there is a fix for it...
go to control panel..user account...click on ur account...there is an option in there...cant rem it now...but tht fixes the permission dialogues...

Third Eye

gooby pls
deathvirus_me said:
I just installed the latest beta build of this upcoming OS .. registered it .. and once i solved all the issues i had with the drivers (some still exist) ... i've got only one thing to say .... "It's an awesome upgrade from WinXP ... not only visually , but in functionality too" .... too bad WinFS is not present in this release ..

The OS is visually enchanting , and infact requires some serious hardware specs to run properly ... for example i've tried it on three configs till now and here are my experience :

(i)Athlon64 2800+, Geforce 6200 128 MB, 512 MB DDR400, 80 GB PATA etc. etc. -- Well .. the OS loads in about 3 mins. , the interface is a bit sluggish with Aero , and its almost impossible to run multiple tasks simultaneosly without lag , specially noticeable while gaming ..

(ii)Pentium4 3.23 GHz (nonHT), Geforce 6600GT 128MB, 1 GB DDR400 , 120 GB PATA etc. etc. -- Much better , loads pretty quickly under a min. .. interface is smooth enough for any job , gaming is smooth , the only complain would be a bit slow interface (maybe due to that PATA)

(ii) My config -- runs awesome , no complains ... interface is smooth enough (though the little security popups eventually become annoying) ... no probs wil gaming ..

Overall , i hope this give a pretty good idea about what kind of a rig should be enough ... the one thing evident from my experience was the diff. in performance between SATA and PATA drives in this case ... the load times , access times do seem to be much less with SATA drives ..

Also ... this comes loaded with WMP 11 , and IE7 Beta 2 ... so u need not worry much anyway about net access and media ... Any regular WinXP user will not face any problem with the reaaranged interface , and functions ...

Anyway .. take a look at these ...

*img206.imageshack.us/img206/7425/11sy.th.jpg *img206.imageshack.us/img206/8792/23zm.th.jpg *img302.imageshack.us/img302/5117/32nb1.th.jpg *img325.imageshack.us/img325/8343/49gi.th.jpg

And about compatibility , i think most of the programs should run flawlessly under "WinXP SP2" compatibility mode ... so nothing to worry there .... but till now whatever i've tried works flawlessly without any compatability ...

Where to download Windows Vista beta 2 ?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Netjunkie said:
I am presently downloading it & i dont have a DVD Burner.
So if i extract the iso file, Is the installation possible from the hard disk?

I will work just mount the iso and run the setup :)

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Lots of ppl asked me to post the dvd even offering me money for it.
But I can't send a DVD to all of you guys 1 by 1.
I can upload the iso file of windows Vista beta 2.
File size is 3.4 GB.
I can break it with winrar and upload it. say .. as lil as 10-20 mb file size? So normal dialup users can download them 1 by 1 in their own time.

All i need is a faster site which allow free upload of atleast 4 GB size of exe/zip/rar. And FTP. cause browser uploads are very slow and can takes months :)

orelse i can also suggest - wait till august/september. Microsoft may release Vista Beta 3 soon also with lots of bugs fixed of vista beta 2 and maybe many new additions also.

All i can think of is rapidshare.de - but its browser upload. Does it support ftp upload ??

After reading this *www.vistatorrent.com/ - I don't think its such a good idea to upload my copy of windows vista beta 2 for public downloads.

For help on Windows Vista - click the following link: *windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/default.mspx

peace

Last edited:

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
gr8 info... now I really want to try vista bt cant coz of heavy sys requirements... have to wait for some months b4 I upgrade bt till then I guess the final ver. will be out. Till then happy with winxp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom