Winamp: The start

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
To begin with, I use winamp 5 on a P4 1.6 with 640 MB SD RAM but even with this, the startup time of winamp is really slow. takes about 10 to 15 seconds to start (when I double click an mp3, that is). But after it is loaded, it works just fine. But Here lies the problem. Sometimes, if one wants to stop a song, one might accidentally close winamp instead of just clicking stop. I want to know, if there is any way, to keep winamp in the memory even if one clicks on the close button, that is, to make it stay in the system tray. I know about the winamp agent, but I don't think that's what I'm looking for. Also, I like winamp 5 and its default skin. don't want to switch to 2x...

Milind

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
I can only suggest you Foobar 2000 ... Try it once and I am sure you wont use WinAmp again ... It starts in a flash .. uses so less resources ..and got lotta customization options .. with very nice sound output ..

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Winamp ? Defragged your HD ? Are you using DFX or any other plugin ?

My office computer is an Athlon XP 2000+, 256MB, Winamp 5.03 with DFX. I tried it out several times just now and when I double-click an mp3, it starts playing in about 3.5 secs from the first click. I thought that was slow and I've been wondering whether I should uninstall DFX because Winamp loads much faster without DFX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom