Winamp problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

q3_abhi

Youngling
Hey dudes,

I have a strange problem.
When ever i start Winamp, it keeps on loading continuosly until it is closed
i.e the CPU usage increases. I tried re-installing but nothing happened.
I use DFX 7.2. I have Windows 98 SE.

:roll:

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bud what ver do you use? and whats ur system config???

try using a lower ver like 2.0/3.0/5.0 insted of latest 5.09...and see if it works..also it may b problem of DFX also..try running it w/out DFX.....

sba

Journeyman
There is an option in 5.09 to connect to internet for checking online media. It was default in probably 5.090 or somewhere around it. See that you have got it disabled. What Winamp does is that it tries to connect to internet everytime it is started. If you don't allow it internet access or if you are not connected then it keeps trying for a few seconds and during this period you are unable to use it. Use latest version in which this option is disabled by deafult.

tuxfan

Technomancer
sba, if it doesn't start at all, how will he disable that option? :|

BTW, if what sba is saying is right and you use ZoneAlarm, try engaging the internet lock before you start Winamp. That way you may be able to start it at least and have a look at the options.

sba

Journeyman
actually if you leave it running for like 2 min it will start eventually...it used to in my case or he can just upgrade his version ;)

OP
q3_abhi

q3_abhi

Youngling
I have Celeron 1.7,128 RAM

i use Winamp 5.xx. Use Classic theme.
While installation i have selected " Not connected to net". It doesnt connect to the net. Everything plays well but system load is very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom