Status
Not open for further replies.

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
how to change the buffer rate in winamp 5.12 am trying to watch videos but it plays for 5 sec and stops for 5 sec for buffering. i want to do it for atleast 30 sec. or suggest what wld be good for watching videos in dataone 250 plan spd comes around 30 kbps. comp[u little slow.

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
Open winamp go to Preferences (Ctrl-P) > Plugins > Output > Double Click "DirectSound Output..."
Buffering Tab: Increase "Buffer ahead on track change" value (150-600ms should be fine, make sure it is less then "Buffer length")
------
hope this helps!

OP
shashanktyagi1

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
readermaniax said:
Open winamp go to Preferences (Ctrl-P) > Plugins > Output > Double Click "DirectSound Output..."
Buffering Tab: Increase "Buffer ahead on track change" value (150-600ms should be fine, make sure it is less then "Buffer length")
------
hope this helps!

not helping still prob persists. and one more thing how to record from winamp itself or frm other thing but with good quality.

Gunner

Broken In
The buffer rate depends upon your internet speed as well as the site your downloading from. If the mirrors are configured for dial up or low speeds, you will have to face the buffer. Try reinstalling Winamp and checking again. Also try in Windows Media Player and check if the problem persists.

OP
shashanktyagi1

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
Gunner said:
The buffer rate depends upon your internet speed as well as the site your downloading from. If the mirrors are configured for dial up or low speeds, you will have to face the buffer. Try reinstalling Winamp and checking again. Also try in Windows Media Player and check if the problem persists.

no as in windows we get an option to chk how much time off content we want player to buffer and then start playing. so for slow connections yuo can choose larger time and for fast lesser time. this makes streaming smooth. but in winamp i cant find such option. it is just buffering for 5-10 secs. in audio it is going fine as my connection can keep the pace and the content is always buffered but in videos it eeds to stop for 3-4 sec evry ten sec before continue playing. if i can somehow make it to first buffer for say 25 sec then it shld work smooth.

OP
shashanktyagi1

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
Re: hey man

matthew_kane said:
u can change da buffer rate in winamp settings. u can try real palyer or window media player too.

thanx for tell but tell how to change it. thats what i first asked. hope u know that too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom