Win XP + Win 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwin_ka

Broken In
My frnd has this old system with a 4Gb Hdd and Win98 installed in it.Iam planning to put in an 80gb IDE Hdd and also install Win XP in it...pls tell me in detail how to go about it and also if i can use that 4gb hdd as a separate partition in Win Xp and the procedure for it..Also tell me how to get the dual OS option at the bootup screen..thanx a lot..

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
just plug in the new hdd, format it with fat32 or ntfs which ever u want and start installing xp when it gives u the option of upgrading choose fresh installation then choose any drive on the new hdd and install it

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
before you jump into the installation just check the ram and mother board configuration i mean don't start dufuzzuly installing stuff on 32 mb ram system
then follow iMav instructions as above

sashijoseph

In the zone
ya and you may also want to check whether the 80GB will be supported or not.I mean a lot of old BIOSes(before 98 or so) can't go over 32GB.

Anindya

In the zone
U posted in the wrong section buddy request the moderators to move it in the appropriate section.

abhijangda

Padawan
wrong section should be in QnA oh leave it. for your prob you should install 80gb hdd as secondry run xp setup with xp bootable cd. Then partition 80 gb hdd after it install it on any partition of 80 gb. If you should to format partion in ntfs then they will only be visible in winxp not in 98 but if fat32 then they will be visible in both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom