Win XP not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabhatmohit

Journeyman
I cannot boot up windows xp sp3. The problem might be because of a webcam driver I installed on xp and it doesn't boot now.
Instead of trying drwtsn32, I m not able to get a Minidump. I can only get a user.dmp file that too contains very old records
any idea how to get it so that you can analyse and help me? or suggest any other solution plz?
Thanks!

OP
P

prabhatmohit

Journeyman
I think I have installed the wrong drivers for Webcam..the CD displayed a list of Models to choose from and I selected a particular one.
The Device Manager doesn't show Webcam

quan chi

mortal kombat
try driver cleaner.*www.afterdawn.com/software/desktop_software/other_tools/driver_cleaner_pro.cfm

refer here too.*forums.techguy.org/hardware/360772-help-me-remove-my-logitech.html

quan chi

mortal kombat
well sorry actually i meant pc cleaner. here it is.*www.download3k.com/Press-PC-Cleaner-v5.0-System-Utilities-System.html.

do you know the location where your webcam drivers are installed?
if you know then you can delete that manually from safe mode.then download that file from the above link and run it in safe mode.

or have you tried deleting the USB Port.

Last edited:
OP
P

prabhatmohit

Journeyman
i dont think that would be cause of the problem
watever u re-installed the xp so be careful from now on

That's the cause of the problem because after reinstallation, I installed NOD32 AV again and same problem occured! Dnt know whats wrong with ESET that they r releasing such a Beta version which crashed XP but works fine with Win 7

binilmb

Always friendly as DIGIT
The same problem appeared in my system also. I think the NOD32 is a waste program. And also it blocked all my network connections too. So I changed to Avira AntiVir Personal (Free).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom