Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
piyushp_20

piyushp_20

Geekologist
Huuurrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee.

my problem is solved.

what i did was, i took a USB to HDD connector and installed the XP pro on top of media center and then i successfully logged into XP and then by connecting an external HDD, transferred all my data to that and then ran the destructive recovery which formatted the system and brought back to its original factory settings and then copied all the data back to my system.

newayz thankx to all of u guys, u all really helped me a lot

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
s18000rpm said:
good to hear that your problem's solved. :)

btw go make RECOVERY DISKs.
:))
I think what he is referring to was to buy Ghost or something simmilar, then make a more uptodate ver. Cuz now you have to get all those damn dirty windows updates, other drivers, reinstall software...etc. Glad to see that it did work for you... and i'm glad to see you then backed up your data then wiped it all.

OP
piyushp_20

piyushp_20

Geekologist
thanks buddy,
but the idea just clicked into my mind as i loaded the winxp pro cd, and saw the option of "leave current file system intact".

OP
piyushp_20

piyushp_20

Geekologist
no buddy u cant say that HP is bad but the thing is that no company takes a guarantee for any data loss, if this problem happened on vaio then also the company's service center would say "NO GUARANTEE FOR ANY DATA LOSS".

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
aren't sony's way over priced too, compared to HP who's had home PC's out for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom