WIN XP is not installing in Compaq Pressario V3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaushal Hiwarkar

Be Healthy, Keep Smiling
I have a Laptop ( Compaq Pressario V3000 ). Since by default there is only two partion C & D drive in my laptop (80GB H/D). I have decided to format it completely. So through DM 9.0 I have format it completely and made 4 partion each of 20GB. Now when I tried to install WinXP SP-2, or WINXP Profesional, OR Win 2000 Professional it is not installing. When I boot the system through bootable WinXP SP-2, or WINXP Profesional, OR Win 2000 after all pre setup when the CD get loaded. I got three option ;
1) To install XP press Enter
2) To repair press R
3) To Quit press F3.
Now when I press Enter, it says no hard disk drive is detected.
But when I loaded WIN98 it get installed although Audio & VGA is not detected. and in 98 Environment it show all 4 drives . What will be the problem . PLz tell me.

When I have purchased the Laptop it has only 2 drives C & D. 72GB of C & 7 GB of D drive. In C drive XP was installed and in D Pressario Recovery was loaded, but it doesn't open there was a mono of LOCK. I have no back up of that D Drive.

in bios there is self healing option for hdd, use it in slow process it takes lot of time for 40 gb it took almost 40-50 min so on 80 gb it might more than an hour, so dont worry, then boot with win xp cd and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom