Win 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I just recently installed windows XP 64bit edition, SO how do I best utilize the speed advantage that it is supposed to give?
The only software that I found that support 64 bit are Avast and virtual dub....please list any other sofware that you know of

By the way it TORCS available for windows 64 bit?

thanks

suraj

Journeyman
izzikio_rage said:
I just recently installed windows XP 64bit edition, SO how do I best utilize the speed advantage that it is supposed to give?
The only software that I found that support 64 bit are Avast and virtual dub....please list any other sofware that you know of

By the way it TORCS available for windows 64 bit?

thanks

give the system configuration and give brief description about what exactly u want

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
A quite a lot of software have 64 Bit support now, not just Avast and Vistual Dub.

Here is a site with completely dedicated to 64 bit computing right from Softwares, drivers etc.
Should help you , *www.start64.com/

64 Bit does not necessarily give you a Speed advantage, You need an OS and the Softwares to use the 64bit advantage which unfortunately is not huge enough to be noticed today.

Quoting Wikipedia -
While 64-bit architectures indisputably make working with huge data sets in applications such as digital video, scientific computing, and large databases easier, there has been considerable debate as to whether they or their 32-bit compatibility modes will be faster than comparably-priced 32-bit systems for other tasks. In x86-64 architecture (AMD64 and EM64T, IA-32e), the majority of the 32-bit operating systems and applications are able to run smoothly on the 64-bit hardware.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
thanks guys....by the way are there any games for 64 bit...any demos or anything that will let me showoff the power of 64 bit.....
80 GB segate barracuda SATA
512 MB RAM

looking for softwares that support 64 bit and will let me take advantage of the speed given by it

Last edited:

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
List of games for xp 64 *www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t7546.html
(a little reps will do;-) )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom