Will this Laptop be available in India?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Well,according to my needs this is a brilliant Laptop :--->

TOSHIBA Satellite S855D-S5256 Notebook
from Newegg.com - TOSHIBA Satellite S855D-S5256 Notebook AMD A-Series A10-4600M(2.30GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory DDR3 1600 750GB HDD 5400rpm BD Combo AMD Radeon HD 7660G

Will this laptop be ever available in India?:-?

How are Toshiba Laptops in particular?

rider

as Kratos
I don't think so, also nobody buys a toshiba laptop, only few do. Please tell me tour budget and priorities.

samudragupta

Youngling
why have some people suddenly developed an interest in toshiba laptops!!! they are neither pleasing to the eye nor VFM...

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

@Forum Friends, I only looked for the A10-4660M(AMD Radeon 7660G) "Trinity" APU,not TOSHIBA as particular.

For,me I have a fascination for ASUS or SAMSUNG laptops.

AND I AM AN AMD FANBOY!!!!:-D

Still to be clear:--->

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

Rs.35,000/- to Rs. 40,000/-(Max.)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Weight could be upto 2.5 kg(as I would be using mainly in my home,and very rare mobilty.)

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: ASUS/SAMSUNG/LENOVO/ACER*
b. Dislike: DELL/SONY/HP(My personal opinion!!!)

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Mainly watching good HD movies,Browsing a lot,Programming,Learning OSS Programming,etc.
I AM NOT A GAMER.:|

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

Screen resolution: 1600x900(Preferred) but 1366x768(No problem)
Matte type preferable.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

I am definitely for AMD Trinity APU based laptops,no question out of this.:wink:
If key-board is of island type more preferred.
Matte finish of body is more preferable than glossy finish,but it's secondary not so important.
Local purchase is most preferred,but if not found the choiceable model,then I've to move on to Flipkart,Let's buy,etc. online shops with the most "RELIABLE" deals.

*Another question,@ Forum Friends, how much reliable/robust is an ACER laptop,when compared to others?

rider

as Kratos
If you are not a gamer and not interested in gaming, so why you are buying an AMD processing laptop, in case of laptops intel sells much more and better in reliability. It's better to buy a new core-i5 3rd generation laptop. AMD processors are good in desktops.
And it's weird you prefer brands like Acer, lenovo, toshiba.. they are really worse and all have poor after sales service.
The best option is to buy HP Pavilion G6-2103TU with new core-i5 processor for just 37.8k INR.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

If you are not a gamer and not interested in gaming, so why you are buying an AMD processing laptop, in case of laptops intel sells much more and better in reliability. It's better to buy a new core-i5 3rd generation laptop. AMD processors are good in desktops.
And it's weird you prefer brands like Acer, lenovo, toshiba.. they are really worse and all have poor after sales service.
The best option is to buy HP Pavilion G6-2103TU with new core-i5 processor for just 37.8k INR.

It seems you didn't acknowledge my feelings...
For,me I have a fascination for ASUS or SAMSUNG laptops.

AND I AM AN AMD FANBOY!!!!

I am definitely for AMD Trinity APU based laptops,no question out of this.

As per I got the information , ACER and LENOVO do have good ASS(After Sales Service) here in Kolkata.

Since,ACER /LENOVO/TOSHIBA are also purchased and bought by people I think the words "weird", "crap",etc. are very much a subjective issue.What is crap for you may be fascinating for others,unless and until the product is rated above or below par in a wide domain of factors as purchase,reviews,Functioning,usage ,applications,ASS,etc. different parameters;all within a time period of purchase by customers at different regions.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
I don't know your feelings, I just care people to suggest to get a good VFM reliable laptop. I didn't say they are crap, I said its weird because generally these brands are avoided by customers due to awful ASS.
I am just warning you to avoid as you asked for suggestion above for acer and toshiba laptops. If you don't care about this its better to buy anything you want learn from your mistake. Remember me coz i warned you. :)

Last edited:
OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^^Thanks rider for your valuable suggestions.
Since, I haven't purchase a laptop yet,your's and other Forum Friend's opinions and suggestions are not only welcomed but also valuable for me.
But as I've clearly stated,that I want to purchase an AMD APU(Trinity) based Laptop,so no point of discussing any Intel (SB or IB) based laptops,even if they are superior as truly acclaimed;this is my own personal feelings and liking.

Monk

Journeyman
I have used an Acer laptop for about 5years, and i never ever had a single hardware related issue, that's just amazing considering that I'm not the best when it comes to taking proper care of the laptop, whereas my friends with so called 'awesome/leading' brands had problem every other year. Fans - Heating battery you name it.
OP: I think you should wait for a month before asus unveils its trinity based laptop in sub 30K segment, it will smoke the HP G6's!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Toshiba had many laptops based on Llano. Did we see even one here? no. Toshiba presence in India is far lower than US. So don't expect it to be available here. And this one is overpriced. Even with BRay drive & W7 preinstalled it doesn't justify its 700$ asking price.

A10 4600M based laptop should cost at most 600$. not a penny more. At ~750$ (38k) one can find Asus laptop with 2nd gen i5 & 630 which is lot better in everything except battery life. If you want Trinity based laptop (without discrete GPU) just wait for Samsung.

I think you should wait for a month before asus unveils its trinity based laptop in sub 30K segment, it will smoke the HP G6's!!
mayn't smoke but will surely act as the better choice "if" Asus offers same config in 28-29k without windows & bag.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

@Monk & @Sam,Thank you very much Friends.
These are the reassuring comments which I'd like to see in this thread.
I am in wait...

Thanks again,Friends.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Eager to wait for ASUS K55D laptop(IF IT COMES TO INDIA)...
Pricing around and less than Rs.35K PROBABLE and ASSUMED.
A must buy for me.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^^A fascinating news @Sam,since I am much eased at Linux no problem if it does not comes with windows.
If price is as such it is mouth watering....(For Me at least)
Thank you Friend.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^A fascinating news @Sam,since I am much eased at Linux no problem if it does not comes with windows.

i am not sure cause this is not official but Asus have a history of launching K series as X-Series here, specially one with AMD processor.

If price is as such it is mouth watering....(For Me at least)
Thank you Friend.

Even if it comes with Windows, i expect price to be around 30k as HP was offering their earlier G6 with Windows and some crap GPU at 33k when Asus X53TA was selling for as low as 26k that also with much better graphics but without windows.

p!e

Broken In
A10 4600M based laptop should cost at most 600$. not a penny more. At ~750$ (38k) one can find Asus laptop with 2nd gen i5 & 630 which is lot better in everything except battery life. If you want Trinity based laptop (without discrete GPU) just wait for Samsung.

Any specific model from Samsung?
Samsung has launched TRINITY based laptops only for ULV models.

Top Bottom