Will this game run on this configuration?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The settings I've mentioned you should have run this game as I've ran bloodrayne using these settings on a g33 mobo :p

What error message you are getting by using 3D Analyzer ??

The setting Emulate HW Tnl cap , Emulate other DX 8.1 caps , Emulate Pixel shader caps should fix the error you are getting without a gfx card.

Try to run the game these settings added :

emulate bump map caps
emulate max sim texture

put in the Vendor and Device ID of Geforce FX 5900 Ultra.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
i'm update the directx 9.0c
but i have no graphics card.
i am enable all the settings that you gave me but still not run the game.
and without 3D analyzer the msg is"NO Capable 3D Hardware found on your system.The game require Direct3D compatible Hardware that Support that either T&L or vertex and pixel shader version 1.1 or higher".

Either you didn't enable the T&L in the 3D Analyser or your On-board GFX don't have enough guts to run this game.

Hey, if you wanna GFX card i can give you my HD4670 for 5k...:Fingerx: :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ pappupager - have you tried my above mentioned settings step by step and the game is still not running ?

System:
PIII 800MHz or equivalent or equivalent
RAM:
128 MB
Video Memory:
32 MB
Hard Drive Space:
3100 MB

Well from specs it seems that it should run without 3D Analyzer by using me previously mentioned settings.

Have you updated your onboard gfx drivers and installed the latest chipset drivers - are other games are running - if so mention some names - what's your cpu speed ?

If your mobo has a agp slot then the last option for you is to get a AGP card to play some old games like this.

@ rajkumar_pb - he has a 865 chipset based mobo - so the only gfx card he can use with that should be AGP based - so he might not be able to use your pci-e based HD 4670 :p

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@ rajkumar_pb - he has a 865 chipset based mobo - so the only gfx card he can use with that should be AGP based - so he might not be able to use your pci-e based HD 4670 :p

LOL. Do u think i am serious about selling my HD4670. I was just kidding and i knew it is 865 chipset as he said it before. BTW at that time, my HD4670 was broken. Now i got the replacement, so no need for selling my card now... :D

giprabu

In the zone
Radeon 5770HD struggles to run Split Second @max graphics in 1920x1080 resolution...but Crysis Warhead ran smoothly in enthusiast mode @ same resolution..wtf..:x:pullhair:

chicha

High without substance...
I want to know what my new system could play. I am building this rig in couple of months time. I have read reviews of some components but want to get an idea of all of them put together.

sapphire/msi twin frozer-
GSkill 4gb ripjaws ddr3 kit
AMD phenom x6 1090t
msi/giagbyte 890g based board
corsair vx 550W

Is there anything else that I can add to make it better? My budget is 70K

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ your system will not be able to play any games as you have not mentioned which twin frozr gfx card you are going to use - post the GPU name like HD 5xxx.

if you want get a 2x HD 5850 1GB around 31-33k - it will the ultimate gaming combo weapon in your rig and will pwn every games :p

BTW, what monitor do you have or getting - is it 24 inch HD resolution one - if yes get those red monsters and don't forget to get corsair TX 650W psu @ 6.5k

chicha

I am sorry I left that out, I am going for a 5850 1GB card not CrossFire at least for now, since I am on a tight budget but down the line I would like to get another.
as of now I am sticking to a single 1GB 5850 card or a 5870 if I get a good deal as long as I don't cross 70K with monitor 65K without monitor.

I have a samsun 2233w monitor which is pretty good for my need.
I started a diff thread before I got here, I got a reply with the approx quotes on individual parts. It would be great if you could post the same for them + the city this is just to have a rough Idea, since this is a big investment I do not want to think that I am loosing or wasting anything.

I have read reviews on sites for the 5850 but I want to know about 5850 from someone in india about its performance. And also would like to know the collective performance of my build.
thank you in advance

@topgear are you following the 15th season? :) its my fav show

borax12

the dotmaster
hey the Cypress (RV870) aka the 5850 are darling of chipsets(gpu)....btw which 5850 are u planning to buy...please mention the brand and it will be better to post the link to the build you are talking abt......and please dont worry abt the performance of this card.....i have used this card ,tested it( on an open bench though-the antec skeleton....this was an enthusiast build we made for our school espice comp club).....this card does run hot ...esp the sapphire offering....so be sure to have good cooling setup.....and be a little relaxed...the review on net are universal and they tell exactly how the card performs.....i guarantee you that...but i have a request to you....please use a lcd > 22 " to see the best performance... dont know what the native screen resolution of your monitor is....but nothing below 1600X1200.... (even this aint good)...and yeah you would require a very good power supply...the corsair tx 650w is sufficient....

Last edited:

chicha

I think my monitor res @ 1920x1080( I am not really sure its 1200Km away from me :) ). I was told by fellow forum guys that XFX is expensive and has cooling issues, I was suggested to buy either sapphireor msi twin frozer.
Can I afford to get any cooling system in my budget?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ chicha - if you can get the HD 5870 - it's one hell of a great card money can buy :p

as you've a monitor get the above mentioned card.

Your monitor's screen resolution is 1680x1050

are you talking about the car related TV show on BBC - i used to watch every episodes of it ones but nowadays I don't get enough time to watch all those :p

chicha

21.5" widescreen LCD monitor 2233SW - Essential - Monitors | SAMSUNG

thats my monitor. how much does 5870 cost? what games are optimized for 5850 or 5870 ( ATi in general ). My biggest worry is that I will over shoot the budget, I really can not afford to overshoot, I have to buy a tripod and some lenses too.

borax12

the dotmaster
......chicha......dont worry......please dont go with the msi...twin frozer....coz u will battling for lesser temps......76 degree on load ....and god knows what wil happen when u overclock.......if you dont beleive heres the link.....MSI HD5850 Twin Frozr review and comparision to Sapphire 5850 reference - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

if possible .....i saw this one in nehru place new delhi......this one would work out as the best buy-SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100282VXSR Radeon HD 5850
......as this card has like a very good cooling solution......u will be staying assured of no temp problems....but sadly this card doesnt support voltage tweaking so...no chances of heavy overclocking .....as no voltages shoot ups can be done to stabilize the card when overclocking goes wrongs.....so if you are like not a tech enthusiast who doesn't have any intentions of overclocking hard....go for it surely......
and yeah even xfx has the good review of the hd 5850.....so ...hers the link.....
XFX Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5 Review

and regarding third party cooler(vga cooler )....i guess u will not require for this card and probably the only cooler that comes to my mind is the lian li gpu cooler ...but i swear u will not get anything more than a 5-6 degree drop using this.....so better not go for it...as the vapor x cooler on the sapphire is great.....and mind you i said it wrong....the sapphire is fine buy(even the reference card...it was msi twin frozer card i was talking abt earlier....so even the reference card from sapphire is a pretty decent buy...)and i guarantee that the 5850 is nice...and yeah 5870 sure is a great buy...though only if you can afford it......the 5850 is optimized for all games....there's going to be no problem running any game on this one......full 1080 p hd bliss on your screen...(hey checked ur display supports 1080p....so no worries on the screen res.....)and before anything else....please ensure u have a decent power supply some >550w form a reputed company....coz this card sure need power.....dual 6 pin connectors on this one ...is what u are going to need(either dual 6 pin or 1... 4 pin and another 6 pin)......and i believe if you look at the cheapest.....hd 5870....its will surely overshoot ur budget....(so that ultimately depends on you...)
and ...regarding hd 5850 this supprts all that ati has to offer eyefinity....crossfire....what else do u need......be happy

so to summarize....
1.no fretting on the display...the display is fine as per screen res..... but u gotta increase to a 22 or 24 later to experience better details.....
2..the sapphire 5850....both the reference and the vaporx(though this is better if its available here).....are good...go for any one out of these....but surely not the msi one....coz....it has some serious heating issues....
3...xfx is also a good buy ....and certainly no problems with this one.....he;r hd 5850 is a great offering....

chicha

oh I will surely look for the Vapor X card and 2nd option would be XFX, thank you for that. I am not sure if I will push my card to its limit but I would surely overclock it to some extent, from the reviews I read I don't see a big increase in FPS of a overclocked 5850 so insteat I might buy a second 5850 or a better card when it comes out, the same goes with my monitor, I stay away from my parents and when I get to go back to my place I will buy a 42" LCD or LED TV and then I will connect this to that and then I have to worry about my 5850 keeping up with bigger res.

In my wish list I have mentioned crosair VX 550W will that be enough? I don't think it would support crosfire but since thats in the uncertain future I am not really worried about.

So the card is decided, whats the verdict on RAM, Mobo and Proccy. I am AMD fan and would stick to it :D

borax12

the dotmaster
.......dude......the desire to overclock is dependent on you...........reagrding the wish to run 2x 5850 in xfire.....thats a little troubling...as ...that would really be a very power hungry setup....9 advisable psu wattage > 750w)...so please if you do intend to do so.....please look very carefully into the power supply....and who says an overclocked card...wont give you a fps gain.....you will certainly get atleast 15 % performance gain....and when you do have the option ...why not avail it......

and as goes the the 550w corsair psu u have....it will work fine....but atleast 650w should have been like very handy....but never mind....this would work as good......
now for the RAM.....and 1333 mhz dimms.....be it gskill ,transcend,kingston,corsair is fine...though i strongly suggest going for a gskill or corsair xms 3 dominator...they are like very good modules with good latency timings...(c9 i suppose)......don't worry abt eh timings though.....they will just work fine with these brands.....

and as goes the mobo and proc......i very strongly suggest for the MSI 890GXM-G65 DDR3 16GB USB 3.0...heres the link-Theitdepot - MSI 890GXM-G65 DDR3 16GB USB 3.0 AMD Motherboard

and for the proccy.....an amd phenom2 x4 955 be or 965 be or the athlon 2 x4 635
(as per your budget....)
my personal fav is the 965 be ......and if you could further increase ur budget by 1-1.5 K
then go for the 1055t 6 core proc.....

also for the RAM i just looked even these would work good(though they are 1600 mhz ...ut all the more better...)
Corsair XMS3 2X2GB 1600MHZ-*www.theitdepot.com/details-Corsair+XMS3+2X2GB+1600MHZ+(CMX4GX3M2A1600C9)_C6P6489.html

or else...this gskill f3-*www.theitdepot.com/details-G.Skill+4GB+(2GB+x2)+DDR3+RAM+(F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL)_C6P7548.html

i hope all ths helps

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ chicha - you have a pretty nice monitor :p

Sapphire HD5870 1GB GDDR5 VAPOR-X is ~ 25.5k
Sapphire HD5870 1GB GDDR5 Normal is ~ 23k

My bet is on HD 5870 as it's more suitable for HD resoultion gaming and is the fastest single-GPU Radeon option available till now :p

chicha

The website is great and the best part is it gives me rates in India. I have one last question I know many of you have said not to worry and that the card is a good card, but I can't get it out of my mind that in some games at a res of 1920*1080 games have a very little FPS. I just want to know if I can play all the games at high settings and a res of 1920*1080 smoothly cause lower FPS means its not going to be smooth.
Thank you :)

Top Bottom