Will this game run on this configuration?

chicha

High without substance...
this is going to be my sys soon(1 week)
AMD Athlon X2 4400.
2*1 DDR2 @800
Asus M2N4-SLI
XFX 8600GT 256MB DDR3.

could i play games like
cod4
stalker
oblivian
hl2 ep2
fear
crysis
pro street
ut 07

and at what res?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@harryneopotter
have heard that crysis can be launched on 6100 onboard gfx. But im not sure if ull get playable frames even at lowest res, ie 800*600 in Crysis.
U need to tweak nvidia driver setings for max performance, ie turn off every detail u see there.
And also turn every options off in Crysis except physics[depends on proccy, so can be set to high].
Also update forceware to 169 beta from nvidia site.

I have run crysis at low on X1250 onboard gfx @ 800*600.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I tried running crysis on Pentium D 2.8ghz, 1GB DDR2 - 266Mhz, 7600GT. At low settings its smooth but not worth it. Farcry looks way better at very high settings and gives 100+ fps on this config. Thats why Australian IGN gave lower rating to the crysis and mentioned that other games look better and are smooth on mid configs.

How is Gothic 3 running on your systems?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@adithyagenius
what? at low setings?
Ive finished Crysis on my 7600GT @ 1152*864 med~high smoothly and it lokks much much better than FarCry @ 1280*960 very high 4X AA.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Hi...may as well jump on the bandwagon:

ASUS G1S Laptop
Core Duo T7500 2.2 GHz
2 GB RAM 667 MHz
120 GB 5400 rpm SATA HDD
nVIDIA 8600m GT 256 MB GDDR3 gfx
8x DVDRW combo drive
15.4" screen at 1680x1050 resolution
integrated Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc etc etc...

Soo..will this run the following games, and if yes, please specify settings (resolution, detail etc)

Crysis
Bioshock
Neverwinter Nights 2
Assassin's Creed (once it comes out for the PC)
Oblivion
Orange Box stuff
PCSX2 based emulation of FFX, FFXII, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2 etc

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Bioshock works on my 8600 GT (PC NOT MOBILE) at highest res,details,settings,AA :)
crysis : maybe @medium if it can run medium-high res in 7600gt !
yes, orange box @highest settings + res

New_Gamer

Broken In
Hi,
After receiving an answer here that I can play this game on my system, I waited a long while searching where I could buy the game. The game I wanted to play is Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix. And finally today I received it in my mail. One concern though. I opened the box and discovered that the manual says Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix while the CDs are read Soldier of Fortune II: Gold Edition. Should I be concerned? Is this really the game that I needed to receive or was there a mix up with packaging? If anyone had played Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix, could you please let me know asap? Thanks in advance. :)

My System Specs:
Processor: Pentium 4, 1.8GHz
RAM: 376MB
Hard Drive: 80GB
Graphics Card: 4x AGP 3D nVIDIA TNT2 M64, 32MB videoRAM
DirectX: 8.1

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Gold edition is the means some 'spcl editon' nd the Double Helix is the neme of the game.
There is no probs with da package.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guyz,

I tried two games yesterday nite :
1) Jericho
2) Crysis

Jericho was quite smooth. The game autodetected everything max. out at res 1440*900. It was just like a piece of cake :).

Crysis was not like that at all. The game autodetected settings at 1024*768 with every options medium on my 7900 GT 256 mb. Even the ultra high option was disabled by default.
I changed the res to 1440*900 and changed everything to high. The intro of the game only ran and just before the starting the game crashed and an error report came from explorer :(.
Wht will be the ideal settings to play this game with as much eye candies on as possible? I really liked the action at the very beginning.
Do i need more ram/processor speed? [ mine e6400 @ 2.13 GHZ rite now with 2 GB ram). or simply a gpu will do?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Ultra high settings are only available in DirectX 10 mode with a DirectX 10 capable graphics card in vista.
Don't even bother running this game on vista with very high cause u can hack the game files and enable XP very high.
For your config try setting everything to medium and shaders to high and see how the game runs.Alternately goto tweakguide and learn how to tweak crysis to the max for your 7900 GT.256MB is low for this game.This game even slows down the 8800Ultra at very high.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
thanx Harvik.
i ll try out tonite.
do u think i can play at 1440*900 resolution?

offtopic :
I liked the appearence of Jericho pretty much. Graphics is really good. Moreover, I like such games which has a team for u to lead and also u can select various characters as ur wish. U hv to do some planning as the leader regarding the situation.
Previously, I played Desert Storm, Hidden & Dangerous and I liked those games very much.
Hope, Jericho will not let my hopes go down:).

xbonez

NP : Crysis
Harry Potter said:
I have:
core2duo 2.66ghz
asus en 8600 GT

please tell me
which game is better :
hitman : blood contacts
or timeshift ?

its hitman : blood money and hitman : contacts. personally, i don't like the hitman series. they're way too tough and are all about stealth. so i'd suggest timeshift

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
I havent seen TIMESHIFT.
Bt I liked Hitman Bloodmoney very very much. U have to do a lot of brainwork to clear the levels. And as XBONEZ said, the game is 99% of stealth and rest action :D, really good graphics and everything is realistic. U really need to be a 'Silent Assassin' .

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
^^Yes it'll but i wonder how slowely :p

BULLZI
You can try 1400*900 but you might consider turning volumetric effects off.It just makes the sky clear and reminds us of a clear day.
Alternately look for a tweak to enhance performance in DirectX 9 at 1400*900.
This resolution is pretty high for crysis.
My brother used to play at 1024*768 with 4x AA with a single 8800GTS 640MB now he plays at 1280*1024 with SLI.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Harvik780 said:
^^Yes it'll but i wonder how slowely :p

BULLZI
You can try 1400*900 but you might consider turning volumetric effects off.It just makes the sky clear and reminds us of a clear day.
Alternately look for a tweak to enhance performance in DirectX 9 at 1400*900.
This resolution is pretty high for crysis.
My brother used to play at 1024*768 with 4x AA with a single 8800GTS 640MB now he plays at 1280*1024 with SLI.

CRYSIS:

What about my config????? how wil the full version run on my poor config????? any patches or tips to improve performance?????

Top Bottom