Will this game run on this configuration?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
thanks again..
iam still wondering..even though i hav 4th gen i5 and nvidia gt 740m 2gb.. it unable to get a fair play on nfs rivals..really worried for some time.. i tried low settings also. but nothing better..i still doubt updating nfs rivals do something.. i hav already updated all nvidia drivers.. dont know whats happening with my lap..iam still thinking is there any settings i can change or something like that..
thank you :)

nfs rivals is a ported game and fps limited to 30. you cant expect much better gaming experience.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
thanks again..
iam still wondering..even though i hav 4th gen i5 and nvidia gt 740m 2gb.. it unable to get a fair play on nfs rivals..really worried for some time.. i tried low settings also. but nothing better..i still doubt updating nfs rivals do something.. i hav already updated all nvidia drivers.. dont know whats happening with my lap..iam still thinking is there any settings i can change or something like that..
thank you :)

Update the game, there might be a bug or something...........I will give you an example.
Dragon Age origins had a bug and it gave me 18 FPS no matter which setting I tried (from very low 800x640 to 1920x1080 ultra)
After I patched the game I got 60 FPS+ on ultra 1080p.

nfs rivals is a ported game and fps limited to 30. you cant expect much better gaming experience.

30 FPS is extremely playable.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Update the game, there might be a bug or something...........I will give you an example.
Dragon Age origins had a bug and it gave me 18 FPS no matter which setting I tried (from very low 800x640 to 1920x1080 ultra)
After I patched the game I got 60 FPS+ on ultra 1080p.

30 FPS is extremely playable.

that 30 fps is with high end hardware although a 60 fps trick is available.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I thought 30 FPS was hard coded into the game.

As our tests reveal, Rivals only runs normally when the frame rate is exactly 30 fps. A lower frame rate not only causes the image to jerk, but it also causes the game to run more slowly.
If you want to enjoy the new Need for Speed title in its full splendor, i.e. at a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels and full details, you'll need a high-end graphics card. The GeForce GTX 765M was the first card to reach 30 fps in our test sequence. For a resolution of 1366x768 pixels and high graphics options, you'll only need a mid-class GPU (for instance the GT 750M).
Low-end models, on the level of the GeForce GT 630M, or CPU accelerators like the Radeon HD 7660G or HD Graphics 4600, break into a sweat even at low details and 1024x768 pixels. The Iris Pro 5200 is the only chip to approach the 30 fps mark here. Depending on the settings, the hardware demands can be even higher in this game than in Battlefield 4.

op will be able to play the game but might feel stuttering while playing.
source : Need for Speed: Rivals Benchmarked - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I just tried it, gave 24-28(playable for me and borderline playable to some, unplayable to GTX TITAN owners) FPS easy on ultra 1920x1080 resolution on a SINGLE GT 650m OC. This EA crap does not even support SLI.
The GT 740m is only a little slower than GT 650m, should run the game on high at least.

Edit:- I'll inject some settings and tell you if playing at exactly 30 FPS makes some difference.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I just tried it, gave 24-28(playable for me and borderline playable to some, unplayable to GTX TITAN owners) FPS easy on ultra 1920x1080 resolution on a SINGLE GT 650m OC. This EA crap does not even support SLI.
The GT 740m is only a little slower than GT 650m, should run the game on high at least.

Edit:- I'll inject some settings and tell you if playing at exactly 30 FPS makes some difference.

try it :) all ported game may follow the same root..

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
try it :) all ported game may follow the same root..

Ok I just injected settings given by powerhoney in another post, made SLI to work at last. 30 FPS seems smoother but not much improvement over 28 FPS so whatever notebookchecknet said is not entirely true or maybe I am using an updated version of the game.
Sadly the game only utilizes 60-70 % on both GPUs and my laptop has the potential to do much better :(

praveen55

Broken In

Deleted for the good of humanity.

Last edited:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
idk if this is posted anywhere but ESO is inviting beta testers and the game beta key is availale @ Curse - WoW Addons, Minecraft Mods, Curse Client and Gaming News

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
idk if this is posted anywhere but ESO is inviting beta testers and the game beta key is availale @ Curse - WoW Addons, Minecraft Mods, Curse Client and Gaming News

I got one emailed to me by elder scrolls guys. The beta will only last 2 months and after that you have to pay up each month which kinda sucks so I didn't bother downloading.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
I got one emailed to me by elder scrolls guys. The beta will only last 2 months and after that you have to pay up each month which kinda sucks so I didn't bother downloading.

i think it will be worth it......

cause i dnt know abt u guys but i enjoyed skyrim pretty much......

Top Bottom