Will this game run on this configuration?

BhargavJ

In the zone
I have a laptop which has an i3-2350M (2.30 Ghz) processor, 4 GB Ram, and Win 7 x64. I can play Call of Duty MW3 and Unreal Tournament 3 on it, but when I tried Aliens vs Predator (2010), it ran with very low frame rate so I couldn't play it.

I don't have the money right now to buy a new computer. :( I'd like to know which games will run on my config. I prefer futuristic / alien games, but any game will do. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
try other CoD games like black ops 1 and 2. Bioshock 1 and 2, Medal of Honor 2010, Chronicles of Riddick Escape from butcher's bay etc.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Will all upcoming games of 2014-15 run on this following config :

Intel i3 4130,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H,
Galaxy GTX650Ti Boost 2GB,
Kingston V+200 240GB SSD,
Corsair TX650M,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RED,
Corsair H60,
Corsair 300R,
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW,
Antec Tricool 120mm 3 BLUE LED Fans,
Coolermaster 140mm 2 BLUE LED Fans,
Dell ST2220L LED,
Coolermaster Devastator Gaming Combo,
Logitech Z313 Speakers.

gameranand

Living to Play

Intel i3 4130,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H,
Corsair TX650M,
Corsair H60,
Corsair 300R,
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW,
Dell ST2220L LED,
Logitech Z313 Speakers.

Unless something comes as bad as GTA4, you can play most or all of them at mid-high settings. You need to fiddle around to get the best setting for your card. :)

anirudhd.91

Broken In

Intel i3 4130,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H,
Corsair TX650M,
Corsair H60,
Corsair 300R,
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW,
Dell ST2220L LED,
Logitech Z313 Speakers.

How much did that rig cost you? Just curious.

praveen55

Broken In
i have NVidia gt 740m 2gb..
4 gb ram.
i5 4th gen.
can i able to run nfs rivals??
tried in my z510 but it is laggy..i don't understand whats wrong with it..
is there anything i forgot to do like switching graphics or anything( i don't know much about them either).
anyone help me on how can i run on above configuration,
thank you..

gameranand

Living to Play
i have NVidia gt 740m 2gb..
4 gb ram.
i5 4th gen.
can i able to run nfs rivals??
tried in my z510 but it is laggy..i don't understand whats wrong with it..
is there anything i forgot to do like switching graphics or anything( i don't know much about them either).
anyone help me on how can i run on above configuration,
thank you..

Yes you can run. Just make sure to update the game. :)

praveen55

Broken In
update??
whats with the update? any changelog..
thanks my frnd..really worried wheather i able to play game on my machine or not.

gameranand

Living to Play
update??
whats with the update? any changelog..
thanks my frnd..really worried wheather i able to play game on my machine or not.

Usually EA games suffer performance issues with initial release and that gets fixed in updates, thats why I am asking to update the game.

Patch History

^ You can run those games at medium-low settings. Use game booster, turn off AV and other background apps to keep CPU free. Also try the BF4 mantel update.

quicky008

Technomancer
I don't think the developers of witcher 3 have announced its official system requirements yet but your system is quite powerful and i think it will be able to definitely run the game at medium-high settings(depending on the resolution you're using).

Btw if i remember correctly,you had a 8 core amd cpu earlier(fx 8320)-have you changed it recently?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I don't think the developers of witcher 3 have announced its official system requirements yet but your system is quite powerful and i think it will be able to definitely run the game at medium-high settings(depending on the resolution you're using).

Btw if i remember correctly,you had a 8 core amd cpu earlier(fx 8320)-have you changed it recently?

Yes changed to Core i3 and in future might change into Core i5 4570.

praveen55

Broken In
Usually EA games suffer performance issues with initial release and that gets fixed in updates, thats why I am asking to update the game.

Patch History
thanks again..
iam still wondering..even though i hav 4th gen i5 and nvidia gt 740m 2gb.. it unable to get a fair play on nfs rivals..really worried for some time.. i tried low settings also. but nothing better..i still doubt updating nfs rivals do something.. i hav already updated all nvidia drivers.. dont know whats happening with my lap..iam still thinking is there any settings i can change or something like that..
thank you :)

Top Bottom