Will our Good Intentions Work, Plz Help???

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Youngling
Hi all,
I own a Unicorn and work in Pune. Many of the people who own two wheelers in my company have Voluntarily decided to make the best use of fuel in terms of saving their own money as well as do a bit for the environment.

For this we have decided that one should kill the engine at each and every traffic signal and then restart and ride ahead.

Now the problem is that under what condition will the fuel get saved if we kill and the restart the engine on a traffic signal. Some people are suggesting that incase the signal will be RED for say considerable more time (say > 30sec) then kill the engine else there is no point in doing so.

Can someone plz throw some light on this??
Any help on this will be highly appreciated. *www.overdrive.in/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
ya some ppl say u shud kill engine if traffic light > 30 s
but u shud have a auto start option...warna kick maarte maarte watt lag jayegi :D

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
yeah, i do cut the ignition, if it's more than 20. that's just me. I've got a CT-100, so i have to kickstart :D

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I always leave it idling at the signal, not all signals have countdown timers here in Mangalore. If you maintain your vehicle well and test it every six months, no need to break your head over pollution.

*img217.imageshack.us/img217/9472/pubthefuture2cisopen466cr4.png

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ Its not as much about Pollution as it is about Petrol saving.
BTW @phreakout yea I know how it feels when it feels to kickstart wen traffic moves.. :D (i hav a Suzuki Zeus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom