Will Nokia replace 'Blackberry' ???!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
Nokia gradually introduces full fledged "E-mail Client" following their Beta success!

A Great "Push Mail" client for FREE, offered by Nokia thro its Messaging Service atleast for the time being,

In future 'Nokia Data Plans' are coming similar to Blackberry Services (BIS & BES).

Even HTML support is expected in a few months? (WOW!)

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/NMS2r.png

Now this is the secret behind absence of 'Blackberry Connect' support in newer 'E-Series' Nokia devices!

I've installed 'Nokia Email Client' in my E71 and started yahoo mail account,works flawlessly.

Ofcourse,I like my "Profimail" for POP/IMAP support mails with HTML views.

Now,its clear 'Nokia' has decided to dominate 'Push Mail' service and side lining Blackberry?!

Wait & Watch......

Source: *netac3.vie.hosting.nokia.com/account/home.action

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
well, they might be able to as more people are using Nokia in the world then Blackberry.

So what this service does is that it periodically check my yahoo mail, gmail etc for new Mails & when I receive a new mail it will push the mail to my mobile phone over GPRS , right?

Well, its good but I get official mails on hotmail(not supported yet) only & Gmail/yahoo don't get so important mails that I need to use push mail

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Nothing new here. Push e-mail has been on various mobile phones for the past 2-3 years.

BIS & BES offer encrypted security that Nokia mail doesn't - it's as simple as that.

@gxsaurav: Use SEVEN's e-mail client. It supports all types of e-mail accounts.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
In the developed market iphone has already screwed both Nokia n Blackberry

What developed market? The Yank market? In case you weren't aware, the US market is less developed than most major markets in the world (Japan, S. Korea, Europe, Middle East etc.)

The iPhone is selling well in other markets (EMEA etc.) but hasn't usurped Nokia yet. RIM (BB) targeted the business segment until very recently and have only just begun to make inroads into the mainstream consumer market recently with the BB Storm, so its a bit unfair to compare the two in terms of pure sales especially when the iPhone has had an 18 month head start.

Here's a chart the depicts the time required by each phone to reach 1M in sales. As you can see, the 1st gen Storm outsold the 1st gen iPhone, although it had a gazillion glitches at launch and the initial BB OS was more buggy than a beginner's C++ program.
*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/01/million-sold-graphic.jpg

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Your chart clearly shows iphone 3g as a winner which proves my point. Off course Nokia n Blackberry will stay as today's mobile world can accommodate 10 more companies like Nokia.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Your chart clearly shows iphone 3g as a winner which proves my point. Off course Nokia n Blackberry will stay as today's mobile world can accommodate 10 more companies like Nokia.
The simple fact of the matter is that the iPhone3G had a simultaneous launch in 25 odd countries and was riding the wave of success created by the first gen iPhone. The Storm, on the other hand, had to prove itself as a worthy startup and launched only in markets served by Verizon and Vodafone (less than 10 markets). The G1 launched in a single market (US) while the 5800XM had a simultaneous launch in 5.

To take my point further, here's an interesting stat - the iPhone3G sold 1 million the first weekend, then in the next months it sold only 2 million more (around). Therefore:

iPhone3g - 3 million unit sold x 6 months = 0.5 million/month.
BB Storm - Sold around 0.5 million/month (the first month)
Nokia 5800 - Sold too 0.5 million/month (5800 has sold 1 million and was launched 2 months ago)

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Nokia wants to be the KING in every department i guess. Anyway, great news for people who are fans of Nokia and who like to use E-mails and stuff.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
The simple fact of the matter is that the iPhone3G had a simultaneous launch in 25 odd countries and was riding the wave of success created by the first gen iPhone. The Storm, on the other hand, had to prove itself as a worthy startup and launched only in markets served by Verizon and Vodafone (less than 10 markets). The G1 launched in a single market (US) while the 5800XM had a simultaneous launch in 5.

To take my point further, here's an interesting stat - the iPhone3G sold 1 million the first weekend, then in the next months it sold only 2 million more (around). Therefore:

iPhone3g - 3 million unit sold x 6 months = 0.5 million/month.
BB Storm - Sold around 0.5 million/month (the first month)
Nokia 5800 - Sold too 0.5 million/month (5800 has sold 1 million and was launched 2 months ago)

Good Mathematics man!!!Cool..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom