Status
Not open for further replies.

Omsck

Broken In
sys specs:-

256MB RAM
845GL chipset
Intel 82845GL Onboard graphics controller

also, how can i inc performance of NFS NFS UG ? will adding more RAM help ???

vysakh

Padawan
you can run the game at low settings, with all the eye candy turned on. you can also play at medium settings with all eycandy turned off.
the game will work smoothly

bharathbala2003

why need title?
Omsck said:

256MB RAM
845GL chipset

u got enuff ram.. but if u want better game play go in for a Graphics card..

for more details on graphics card prices n quotes see here

and yes UG2 should work in a low end settings.. but id recomend u 2 get a graphics card n play it in a gud setting.. cos to feel the effect of the NOS u need to have a gud GFX card.. :D

bharathbala2003

why need title?
yes.. here are the two cards id recom..

NVIDIA GE FORCE 2 MX400 64MBSDRAM
NVIDIA GE FORCE2 MX400/64MSDRAM/DUAL DISPLAY

well if cost isnt a prob.. go in for..

PCX GEFORCE 6600GT 128MB DDR3 (2.0 ns)/DVI/ TVOUT/d

nix

hey

hey , get an nvidia FX 5500 (PCI) i have one, i dont know if its available in india . go to some big comp store and ask. ask them if they can get one for u. or, if you have someone in usa, you can ask them to send you one. there its availble for cheap, just see in ebay or some other site, you'l know how much it costs there.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
hey dude,

i got d same spec u have....its with intel p4 1.8 ghz, n lemme tell ya that theres hardly any chance 2 run ug2 on ur pc.....i had to die my settings to play ungerground....at min it ran like a tortoise...d biggest disadvantage we have is that we dunt possess agp slots...thats wy im gonna change my mb with som better one....i recon u also look for a nice deal for exchange...

ps-guys telling u 2 go for pci express, just confirm will it b worth spending that amt for i845gl chipset....if they r sure twill work rocket i'll get a pci for myself....
cheers

Kannan

In the zone
Ok mine is a PCX 5750 with 256 MB DDR and why is the demo so jerky ? *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/confused/blink.gif

You can find the full system spec in my signature below. *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/misc/icon_arrowd.gif

bharathbala2003

why need title?
wat u exactly mean by jerky? well try reinstalling the game (both from same source and different source if u get) also check if u have DX 9.0C

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
Will work with low display setting..

I have the same PC configuration.. and i have completed the game..

So Best of Luck....

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Omsck said:

256MB RAM
845GL chipset

My PC has same config as yours and the game runs beautifully without any compromise on quality. Go ahead and play!

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
OS and RAM make the biggest difference for this game. To run smoothly at any setting, you need to put in atleast 384 MB(512 for WinXP) also you can expect 33-50% drop in FPS over 98/ME if you use XP. XP, like all the flavours of WinNT, have a massive handicap in performance vs any of the Win9x series, b'coz of their architecture. More stable, yes, more secure yes, but much slower. on the config, you can play if u use 98/ME

BTW Kannan, if u want to play games on a regular basis, esp. FPS, dump the cordless mouse.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
BTW Kannan, if u want to play games on a regular basis, esp. FPS, dump the cordless mouse.
Any specific reason for that? I personally dont own one and have tried it only at a friend's place. The inconvinience that I attach with them is the constant need for change of batteries and weight. Are there any other reasons for them to be not suited for games?

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
weight, lack of precision( ever observed the cursor closely?), disconnections et al + not much utility although the logitech mx series cordless mice are playable.
also the config that kannan states is a big waste of money, an athlon 64 2800+ with a GF 6600GT would have given him much better VFM and faster FPS

Kannan

In the zone
teknoPhobia said:

Here we are talking about Racing games. Where did this FPS came from ?.

Next till this date I haven't had any problem with my mouse of MS Cordless Comfort. And I have paid 4000 bucks and you think I wouldn't have checked the mouse for games before purchasing.

I have played UT 2004 with the current mouse and is real good and fast response.

ctrl_alt_del said:
The inconvinience that I attach with them is the constant need for change of batteries and weight. Are there any other reasons for them to be not suited for games?

I did a battery change last month. The previous battery kept the mouse alive for more than 6 months and 15 days for me.

teknoPhobia said:
also the config that kannan states is a big waste of money, an athlon 64 2800+ with a GF 6600GT would have given him much better VFM and faster FPS

My dear teknoPhobia,
I know what is right for me and I have been in this computer field for more than 8 years.
And at the time of purchase A 64 & GFX 6xxx series was not there in the market.
I am a Multimedia Designer/Programmer and not a gamer. 3DS MAX renders faster with P4 than your AMD counter part.
I am using MS desktop series and not Logitec and its performance is really good.

I am damn happy with my system and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom