hello everyone
My specs-
Core i7 3770k
Asrock extreme 4
8gb Corsair vengeance ram
Nvidia gt610 synergy 2gb gpu

+
Corsair h100i fan
Razer deathstalker ultimate elite keyboard.

Madness huh?
I know what will you all say, "just wtf was he thinking going for that keyboard and fan? Better should have gone for a decent gpu instead of that crap! idiot..."
Well, i have my own reasons. I ordered all these things together from eBay, flipkart etc. My father agreed to buy me a gtx690 along with these from local shop, the uncle on shops said its a gpu that someone uses and so they will have to import it. All other components came on time except gpu, the poor guy was too late. My result came before that and i got in maths.... Let's not talk more, i passed though...
My father is a maths professor (even more trouble). Therefore the outcome was that my gpu was canceled and I had to stick with my old one.
Will i be able to run crysis 3 on it, even at lowest settings?
Can i somehow make coordination of my cpu's onboard gpu and my nvidia to make them perform at same time?

OP
J

Jaskaran

Broken In
Can you/anyone please tell me for sure?

Cos i want to play multiplayer also so i am purchasing original game and i don't want my money to waste anymore.

OP
J

Jaskaran

Broken In
well... If it runs even at lowest settings, it's ok for me then. I will use lucid virtu. One question, i am new to this lucid virtue, what to do?
Should i just download lucid virtue mvp drivers from here and install?
ASRock > Products > Motherboard > Z77 Extreme4 > Download
(scroll down a little).
Our do i need to do something else?

And i still did not get exact answer :(
Can i run crysis 3 at lowest settings?

EDIT :
Ok i found my answer here -
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8eTuC7rwSc

Now i want to know, how do i download and use this lucid virtue thing...?

Last edited:

rock2702

Padawan
Gtx 690 with your configuration would have been killer.With 610 you will be barely able to run it,maybe at the lowest settings on 1920x1080 res.

OP
J

Jaskaran

Broken In
Agree yeah.
But for some reason, i am a little thankful too that i did not take gtx690 since nvidia titan was released shortly after. I will go for it directly and make my pc a monster.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Dont want to sound like a jerk, but maybe its because of that rig of yours why your performance in maths was so terrible ?
:|

quicky008

Technomancer
Nevermind.... :D

You should consider yourself blessed for having such a generous father who doesn't hesitate to shower his son with such lavish and extravagant gifts-you really shouldn't be asking for more.I don't feel an iota of sorrow after reading this so-called "sad story" of yours-when i was your age,i would have probably been severely admonished by my folks if i hankered after such expensive gadgets-the only things that i always received from them in abundance were ridicule,agony and humiliation.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
LOL Lucid virtu isnt anything like HybridCrossfireX..
It just utilizes Intel HD graphics to help in video encoding instead of the discrete GPU

You should consider yourself blessed for having such a generous father who doesn't hesitate to shower his son with such lavish and extravagant gifts-you really shouldn't be asking for more.I don't feel an iota of sorrow after reading this so-called "sad story" of yours-when i was your age,i would have probably been severely admonished by my folks if i hankered after such expensive gadgets-the only things that i always received from them in abundance were ridicule,agony and humiliation.

havent we all ? :S

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

I would say thats more of their concern, love and parenting being imparted to you for you to become a better, responsible and well organized human being in the course of your learning life :)

PS:: Thats my understanding from similar life routine I have been through.

Infact I had seen worser monetory crunch situations in my life at the age when money has no value and everything that parents said were wrong (according to me ofcourse) - my teens :)

ASHISH65

Technomancer
@op you already got answer here

in toms hardware thread - Well my gpu run crysis 3? - GPUs - Graphics & Displays

haaa i caught you!!

OP
J

Jaskaran

Broken In
Omg! Taking my story so seriously that i even edited and erased. Everyone loves his parents and vice versa. There is reason behind everything...

@ashish yes :D
I always ask my questions on multiple forums to be sure, just general right?
One more reason is where i get answers fast.

And back to topic, now that i know i can play crysis 3, i am quite happy. But i have a confusion, this lucid virtue thing, nerevarine said that "it uses Intelhd instead of discrete gpu". Does that mean my gt610 well be useless and software will only use lucid virtu?

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Omg! Taking my story so seriously that i even edited and erased. Everyone loves his parents and vice versa. There is reason behind everything...

And back to topic, now that i know i can play crysis 3, i am quite happy. But i have a confusion, this lucid virtue thing, nerevarine said that "it uses Intelhd instead of discrete gpu". Does that mean my gt610 well be useless and software will only use lucid virtu?

Lucid Virtue switches to internal GPU when required ( useful for apps to use quicksync technology in Sandybridge+ Processors ) , its not for boosting GFX or something like that.

Top Bottom