Will gta iv run smoothly on Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R775OC-1GI 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card?(30-35 frames)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandyss

Broken In
Will gta iv run smoothly on Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R775OC-1GI 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card?
i have a core 2 duo e7400@2.8 GHZ
xfx 9500gt
ddr2
intel dg31pr motherboard
and i get 20 frames for gta iv now and i would like to now if my pc can run gta v?will Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R775OC-1GI 1 GB GDDR5
improve my frame rate(any improvement)?

And please watch this Gta video featuring max payne i made with my current pc..its great.:-o
GTA IV ft Max Payne & Sagar Alias Jacky - YouTube

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Re: Will gta iv run smoothly on Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R775OC-1GI 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card?(30-35 frame

I have Hd 7750.At 1440x900.I do experience lag sometimes :(

I get around 35-50 fps

panwala95

In the zone
Re: Will gta iv run smoothly on Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R775OC-1GI 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card?(30-35 frame

But my experience has been differerent on hd 6770 (roughly equal to hd 7750)
I can play it at 1080p all high settings with shadows at medium
Of course your cpu also matters
@the serpent which cpu were you using?

pratyush997

Inactive

I got Gt 650M and it gives 40+ in day and 35+ in night time when settings are at High! on 1600*900 with few car mods and trainer :p

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

But my experience has been differerent on hd 6770 (roughly equal to hd 7750)
I can play it at 1080p all high settings with shadows at medium
Of course your cpu also matters
@the serpent which cpu were you using?
He has phenom x 4 960T

pratyush997

Inactive

GTA IV is CPU intense game and got many bugs in it :p

OP
sandyss

sandyss

Broken In

But my old 9500 gt gives 25 frames in medium setting ....then all i am asking is i update my graphics card will gta IV frames increase anyway?
Also is AMD OR NVIDIA Cards better?I like nvidia ,but digit forums suggest Hd770 ,does HD7770 hav physx,FXAA,etc?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Nop Physx is only for Nvidia

OP
sandyss

sandyss

Broken In

Then i will buy only nvidia cards

gameranand

Living to Play

Nop Physx is only for Nvidia

Its not only for Nvidia. Nvidia has bought the company who made it AFAIK. Also you do get physics effects in AMD also but in Nvidia they are better. A for the technology its nearly dead now.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Then i will buy only nvidia cards
Read my posts here #3 and #6 to know more and have clarity - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...raphics-card-dedicated-phyx-baseline-aux.html

PhysX was and is a gimmick. It is _dead_.

OP
sandyss

sandyss

Broken In

why is physyx dead?
Doesn't physyx now help improve games?

AND
which card should i buy to play crysis 3 (budget 7-8K)

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz

^Physx was super hyped now its dead,it is barely used some games use it
BTW Make a new thread on getting the GPU in Graphics card section :wink:

OP
sandyss

sandyss

Broken In

ok then physyx dead...:-(

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

why is physyx dead?
Doesn't physyx now help improve games?
Did you even read my link?

1) "nVidia PhysX" does NOT help in 99.9999999% games. Only 4-5 games make use of it.
2) "nVidia PhysX" exists for only 4-5 playable games. Turning it on reduces performance by 60%.
3) If you want to play those 4-5 games faster, buy GTX 650 for 8K. If you want to play the rest 99.99999% games faster, buy HD 7770 for 8K.

For 8K, buy HD 7770 and be done with it.

Whether it runs Crysis 3 or not, is no guarantee.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

^of course it will run Crysis 3.. but the question is how well
Crysis 3 is available for consoles as well, so i dont see any reason why it shouldnt run (and prolly look better too)

OP
sandyss

sandyss

Broken In

i dont like the xbox and ps3,,,i think pc is more advanced in graphics..
is xfx AMD Radeon™ HD 7770 better than gtx 650?is it available now..
i agree that physyx is now useless and gonna buy a amd card..thank you:-o

Nerevarine

Incarnate

HD 7770 is much better than GTX 650 NON Ti (both 1 and 2 Gb versions)
but GTX 650 Ti (1 Gb) is around 5-10% better than a HD 7770

Id suggest going for nvidia, because of the TxAA.. which is especially useful in crysis 3 and other latest games.. Msaa and fxaa will totally obliterate any hope of playable decent fps with those two cards

i dont like the xbox and ps3,,,i think pc is more advanced in graphics..
is xfx AMD Radeon™ HD 7770 better than gtx 650?is it available now..
i agree that physyx is now useless and gonna buy a amd card..thank you:-o

I didnt mean that you should play on console.. what i meant is that if a 6 year old obsolete hardware can run a game, why not the latest gen 8K card.. My guess is it should run at "high" with a mix of "med" settings, which would still look waaaaaaay more decent than any console..
Compare screenies of PS3 and PC for crysis 2, PS3 has sooo much blurry textures..

OP
sandyss

sandyss

Broken In

Thanks for clearing all my doubts

So nvidia gtx 650 ti has fxaa?
what similiar features does AMD cards have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom