Will GeForce 6600 AGP card run on Mercury PI845GLM-AGP 4x Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurav29

Waiting for 3 Miracles...
topgear said:
@ saurav29 I am unable to find it in Kolkata

Well i saw that in lucknow last month..... you can try ebay, though the prices there will suck.... BIGTIME but you may find what you are looking for.............

if not then pm me or mail me i will give you some contact in delhi or lucknow from whom you can purchase that board..........

peace
raj

assasin

Banned
@saurav29 it better u get urself a Asus ATI chipset based mobo with sata and pci-ex16 support for ur proccy.

saurav29

assasin said:
@saurav29 it better u get urself a Asus ATI chipset based mobo with sata and pci-ex16 support for ur proccy.

:shock: first of all which processor are we talking about i have 820 P4 Dual Core and i have GGC2 mb... do i still need an ASUS board.........:D

about the thread the guy has 2.4Ghz 533 Mhz P4 PGA 478 .... I am pretty sure that no motherboard from asus is available with ATI chipset for any PGA478 processor....... But i cannot be sure....... Not Now atleast most of their boards are Lga 775.......

But what the heck he can always try..........

peace
raj

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@saurav29

I have checked all the 845 based boards in Biostar's web site:
*www.biostar-usa.com/mbmain.asp

& found for particularly your For XGP not XAGP

P4TGV-R based on Intel 845GV chipset:

The board has no sata, raid and PCI-E support

*www.biostar-usa.com/mbdetails.asp?model=p4tgv-r

XGP:
Xtreme Graphics Port is Biostar's unique engineering solution of adding
limited AGP graphics card support to the Intel 845GV chipset. The XGP slot
is not compatible with all AGP cards but has been tested with AGP cards
listed below:

Visit this link for supported cards at the lower section of the page

saurav29

topgear said:
@saurav29

I have checked all the 845 based boards in Biostar's web site:
*www.biostar-usa.com/mbmain.asp

& found for particularly your For XGP not XAGP

P4TGV-R based on Intel 845GV chipset:

The board has no sata, raid and PCI-E support

XGP:
Xtreme Graphics Port is Biostar's unique engineering solution of adding
limited AGP graphics card support to the Intel 845GV chipset. The XGP slot
is not compatible with all AGP cards but has been tested with AGP cards
listed below:

Visit this link for supported cards at the lower section of the page

Man may be i am wrong about biostar may be not the brand but i am positive i saw an 845 PGA 478 400/533mhz board which had both PCI-E and SATA support....... You see i had a 3.0Ghz p4 HT processor i was looking for the board 865 mb for it when my mercury 865mb died on me , The cpu was PGA 478... I was looking for that board for quite some time but was unable to find it ... That time some dealer showed me this board but since it does not support 800FSB processor i have to leave it........ while later i sold my processor instead and upgraded.......

what can i say dude .........:oops: if you are unable to find any supporting board i will suggest that sell both mb and procesor and upgrade to intel original GGC and P4 HT processor for a while you wont need a graphics card and this board comes equipped with ati 200 on board and the combo will cost you around 7odd K and now you can sell your p42.4 + MB + FX5200 for atleast 3.5 odd k ... still dent will be atmost 3.5K and you will now be updated that i am daam sure about...........:mrgreen:

peace
raj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom