will games be fine on amd's x6 in future ??

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Will future dx11 games be able to use all 6 six cores in amd's X6 proccessor ??

Games are all ready being written which realize 4 cores and HT. So 6 core logic should not be too far away. All the better for developers.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
Games are all ready being written which realize 4 cores and HT. So 6 core logic should not be too far away. All the better for developers.

so if the games start recognising all 6 cores then amd's x6 will easily outbeat core i5-750 rite :razz: ??
and according to your verdict that future is not too far...:twisted:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
so if the games start recognising all 6 cores then amd's x6 will easily outbeat core i5-750 rite :razz: ??
and according to your verdict that future is not too far...:twisted:

you should be more focussed in the AMD Turbo Core. if it kicks well, i5's will have no place to hide, even in games. so do i7. Future directly proportional to popularity in X6 & i7 (the HT versions). more popular they become, more games will shift towards multi core setup.

rajan1311

Padawan
same questions were raised when there was a shift from high end duals to mid range quads..on games like GTA 4 we clearly saw Q6600s outperforming the E8400 and so on....i guess we can apply pretty much the same here......in the future more optimized games would run better on a 2.8GHz X6 than a 2.66GHz i5...even with the architectural advantage with the i5s.....there is not much difference between the i7s/i5s and P2s when it comes to gaming(at high setting at which we actually play at!), why the fuss?

Top Bottom