Will d/w-load rate increase if I use a Ethernet card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panchu

Broken In
Hi guys,

I am a newbie in Networking and i use a broadband connection, of 128 KBPS. I use a USB modem and usually get download rates of 16 KBPS Max in my BitTorrent applications. Will there be any increase in my speed, if I use a Ethernet Card?

Please reply quick!

Venom

Journeyman
128/8 = 16 kBps, your theoritically highest available speed. Using a USB or any other damn port doesnt have anything to do with the speeds.

OP
Panchu

Panchu

Broken In
Well, that's what they call it. A friend of mine is using a connection same as mine with an ehternet card and he gets a speed of 27 kbps on the torrent downloading software. WHY??? WHY GOD?? WHY???

And guys, it is not Papu, it's PANCHU!

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Maybe that's because he has a 256 kbps connection. Anyway, ethernet will give you a more stable connection than USB.

eddie

El mooooo
You can be rest assured that the speed difference you are observing has nothing to do with your modem connecting to USB or Ethernet port. USB has enough bandwidth to support such small amount of data transfer. Most probable reason is that your friend is joking with you and has a 256kbps connection instead of 128kbps one that you have.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
USB can handle connection upto 12Mbps easily without any trouble signs i don't think 128kbps will face ny performance lag in USB connection .

I use a USB modem and usually get download rates of 16 KBPS Max in my BitTorrent applications
Aab kya loge! me on 256kbps connection get max dload speed of 32kbps wich is just double than u specified @ ur 128kbps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom