will apple macbook work in indian heat conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaushiklingam

Right off the assembly line
hi guys. i am thinking of buying a apple macbook white @ 2ghz and 1gb ram. i read a lot of reviews online and found that apple macbooks get very hot. the company says that their operating temperatures are between 0 to 35 centigrade. so i was wondering if they will work in india where the temperatures in my place during summers reach 48 centigrade.

But another thing is that even dell laptops have operating temperatures as 0 to 35 c. but they work fine in india at even 45c. so will apple also work.

Moreover if anyone out there has a macbook, please give me ur suggestion on it.

G

gxsaurav

if intel Prescott can work in India, & AMD athlonXP, then anything can:eek:

Just make sure, u check it at the shop, tell the shopkeeper about it, he might be able help u, as there are some tuturials available on the net on how to open Macbook & clean the extra thermal paste

goobimama

 Macboy
You think indians don't use apple products? The goan Apple corner has sold over 12 Macbook pro's till now. Yes, they do heat up quite a bit (temperatures can touch 70-75 C when processor intensive tasks are being carried out. But that is the MacBook Pro.

The Macbook runs much cooler due to its lack of a dedicated graphics card. Go ahead, get a mac. Its a wonderful change...

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
U can actually get a mac.don't worry it will be fine!!..and the best thing about this is that u can dual boot win xp with OS X....there is a software available on apple's website that lets u do this............

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
I am using a Mac Mini here in Mumbai. It will be just fine :) Go for it. It is an excellent buy and is cheaper than quite a few PC laptops

alienspiesu

Journeyman
dude dnt worry abt the working temperatures..
my frnd uses the same here in Pune n had no pblms n he had been to goa too for abt 2-3 weeks n he had loads of work on it in goa.. so he had no pblms..
i wud guggest .. go 4 it!!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
With Mac using Intel Duo Processors theres hardly any difference now between present macs and their counterpart PC laptops. Infact with Intel Around Macs are better suited to heat than standard win laptops.
About the heating in earlier macs it was due to using G3 and G4 processors.Apple used to evenly spread the heat sink so there was minimum use of Fan to entend the battery life.

So dont worry ! Just buy and enjoy!

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^LOL looks like u have no clue about heating issues of the MacBook and MacBook pro... the culprit seems to be the way apple applied the thermal paste on the cpu, gpu and nb. They probably applied 10 times the actually required amount :p. This was cos of a glitch in the apple technician's manual where it wrongly showed that a huge quantity of thermal paste is required. Many users simply opened their macbooks and removed most of the thermal paste. This resulted in their load temperatures dropping from a skin burning 110 degrees down to a much more manageable 70-75. This procedure potentially might void warranty though!

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ rightly said. There's also an issue related to the new Macbooks where there could be a thin transparent plastic covering the rear vents. Again, due to some stuff they forgot to remove it.

Other than that the Macbook Pro heats up like a beatch.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, I have recently bought an Apple MacBook Pro 17" and it heats up in about fifteen minutes. I have to wipe sweat from my wrists every two minutes when using the keyboard. And you can actually burn your fingers if you touch the base of the display for more than half a minute. :(
Apart from the heating issues though, it is a terrific machine. I love it! :)

G

gxsaurav

woh aryush, it gets this much hot

i wonder how u cool a laptop, i mean, in case of dekstop we can simply open the side panel

i wonder,why apple hasen;t fixed this problem, when core duo CPU based PC laptop, don't get this much hot at all

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I guess when you try to jam pack a one inch thin machine with a truckload of features, you end up compromising on something!
I have discovered something though. If it is kept directly under the fan or in an air conditioned room, the heat is reduced drastically. It's pretty cool actually when kept under a fan. Now I make sure that I always keep it under the fan while using it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom