Will any Wireless USB Adapter do?

BhargavJ

In the zone
I have two modems, a DLink one, and a TP Link one. Right now I'm using the Dlink one

D-Link DSL-2730U Wireless N 150 ADSL2 4-Port Router - D-Link: Flipkart.com

and

TP-LINK TD-W8951ND 150Mbps Wireless N ADSL2 Modem Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

I want to buy a wireless usb adapter for my desktop. I've had some back experience with the TP Link modem. So can you use any usb adapter with any modem, or does it have to be the same company? The reviews on flipkart for the netgear router says it works only with netgear routers:

Netgear N150 Wireless WNA1100 - Netgear: Flipkart.com

So which do you suggest I should buy?

I was thinking of one of these:

TP-LINK 150 Mbps TL-WN721N Wireless N - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

Netgear Wireless USB Micro WNA1000M - Netgear: Flipkart.com

Netgear N150 Wireless WNA1100 - Netgear: Flipkart.com

:)

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
I have 4 netgear WNA 1100 , I used with netgear, dlink and bsnl router
Do not buy - experience
I also have Asus 300mbps USb adapter, dont remember model

If you get those micro thingys then signal will be low

Last edited:
OP
B

BhargavJ

In the zone
Since there are no other comments, I've decided to go for the TP Link one. Aren't there people on this forum who use a wireless USB adapter?

Thanks kARTechnology for your suggestion.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Since there are no other comments, I've decided to go for the TP Link one. Aren't there people on this forum who use a wireless USB adapter?

Thanks kARTechnology for your suggestion.

I have now switched to wired networking instead of wifi, because since the Computers are in office, when I try to rehire remote desktop from home, it will not be connected to wifi and etc and I was really frustrated

So if u need just only browsing go got for WiFi but u want a real reliable connection without problems buy how many meters of lan wire you need instead

gcbeldar

In the zone
I have now switched to wired networking instead of wifi, because since the Computers are in office, when I try to rehire remote desktop from home, it will not be connected to wifi and etc and I was really frustrated

So if u need just only browsing go got for WiFi but u want a real reliable connection without problems buy how many meters of lan wire you need instead

Sir,
TP-LINK TL-WN781ND 150Mbps Wireless PCI Express Network Nic - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

One of my friend is using the above card with Just Driver updated by Win7-64 auto update. This is working without any issues so far, this like it connected like a wired connection. He use to access twice a day remotely this pc.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Sir,
TP-LINK TL-WN781ND 150Mbps Wireless PCI Express Network Nic - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

One of my friend is using the above card with Just Driver updated by Win7-64 auto update. This is working without any issues so far, this like it connected like a wired connection. He use to access twice a day remotely this pc.

If no issues then good,
sometimes there will be issues with router like ' can't connect to network'

Top Bottom