Will AMD Radeon HD 7750 work on my PC???

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^^This is you are truly TOP GEAR my friend, @topgear.
Fantastic info at the right time...
Both the "HIS" & "POWERCOLOR" cards looks to be promising,when viewed in "Flipkart" .
For me,they are good gaming cards with low in power, A SINGLE SLOT(A BIG +) + POWER DRAWN FROM PCI-e( A VERY BIG +).
Again Thanks for the info ,Friend.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Thanks for the info friend, but I need to know that whether "SAPPHIRE HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 LOW PROFILE" is available in India or not?
What will be the price in INR?

What will you do with low profile card??
Buy normal graphics card and use Molex to PCi-E converter if the PSU you are using lacks PCI-E power cable.

kg11sgbg

^^ d6bmg ,my Friend you must have forgot two things about me ,which I had discused in previous threads.

1). I AM NOT A GAMER.I am a movie buff. I was advising the card mainly to OP -for his requirements.

2). My Aerocool E78-530W PSU is giving service( excellent + exquisite)for the past 3years and 10 months,without any sort of hiccups,which also bears a PCI-E(6+2) power cable,I always go for cards which can draw power from PCI-E of the motherboard itself. MY WISH & CHOICE.

But the specific LOW EDITION(PROFILE) card(HIS/SAPPHIRE/POWERCOLOR) having decent power(no. of stream processors,28nm fab,decent clock cycles,etc. aspects) is also a catch for me,in the course of future upgrades...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think there's some confusion - OP ie Rahul Kavlekar can get a HD7770 @ ~8.3k + Corsair CX430v2 @ 2.5k with his 11k budget but the dual core cpu he has may bottle neck the card's performance.

and low profile card is only necessary for those who has a slim cabby where mounting a standard sized gfx card is not possible.

kg11sgbg

^^Yes, you are correct topgear.
Since @Rahul Kavlekar was also querying about LP single slot cards,hence the discussions.
Obviously his money,his budget and ultimately his choice.

The dual fan low profile/edition card from HIS is not listed in "Flipkart" though.But a good card for cooling effects inside the cabinets.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
every HD7750 LP cards are still "new" - released at the last week of july - so these things will take some time to be available in our makets/shops.

kg11sgbg

Not entirely true @d6bmg and @topgear,the HD 7750 LP GPU is available online from "HIS" at flipkart; also from "Powercolor" at flipkart again;with single slot configurations.
"Sapphire" is also present with two such cards at flipkart,requiring no extra 6-pin connector to run,but they are double slots.

"Tirupati Enterprise",at Kolkata, keeps "Powercolor" GPU's,don't know about the availablity of HD 7750 LP there....

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Nice find. But both are overpriced. Actually the price is slightly more than that of HD7770.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ price of the powercolor HD7750 is still much better with the cashback offer.

Not entirely true @d6bmg and @topgear,the HD 7750 LP GPU is available online from "HIS" at flipkart; also from "Powercolor" at flipkart again;with single slot configurations.
"Sapphire" is also present with two such cards at flipkart,requiring no extra 6-pin connector to run,but they are double slots.

"Tirupati Enterprise",at Kolkata, keeps "Powercolor" GPU's,don't know about the availability of HD 7750 LP there....

Those are not LP cards - they are normal single slot designed HD7750 gfx cards.

here's the comparison between a single slot normal HD7750 and HD7750 LP :

*www.hisdigital.com/UserFiles/product/0120_1_400.jpg

*www.hisdigital.com/UserFiles/product/H775FN1G_01_400.jpg

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
LP - low profile, comes with a low profile bracket so that you can install them in a low profile case. But most of these cards have small fans which tends to be noisy. Better to stick with normal cards.

Another difference is the video outputs.

And in case of Sapphire 7750 LP, they are clocked lower than normal, meaning lesser performance.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
and LP cards are meant to be used in a HTPC cases - if you have a normal cabby and a gfx card has both LP and non LP version go for latter one.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
hey guys,,What is the difference between normal gfx cards and LP cards???(performance and hardware wise)

1. See the picture to know the difference between those two cards.
2. LP cards have LP bracker, which can be used in HTPC. (By HTPC I mean proper HTPC with htpc cabinet)
3. About performance, everything is equal except LP cards are not meant for overclocking.

Top Bottom